TVEngine3 Snapshot: 02-24-2008 05-09h Revision 17500 (2 Viewers)

wemppu

Portal Member
July 4, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
TV server also crashes for me, first build I've ever used that just randomly crashes.

I have been experiencing there tvservice.exe crashes at least from build 17352

today I got different kind of error report containing couple of dumps with following information in picture. I could send these dumps if it would help someone to figure out reason for tvservice.exe crashes. Any need for those? Contains files tvservice.exe.mdmp and mdmpmem.hdump.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    92.7 KB

MARKFNZ

Portal Member
August 8, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have just tested this SVN in New Zealand on the DVB-T test signals that are being broadcast as some of the channels are using HE-AAC as in Norway, and I hoped it may work here.

Previously I could get our "TV One" and "TV2" to decode both video and audio ok using the Cyberlink PowerDVD H.264 codec and the MPA audio codec, as the audio is in AC3 format. These no longer work.

The "TV3" and "C4" channels have not worked in the past, although the first frame of video is displayed, as these channels are using HE-AAC, then the audio codec can't handle it, and so all decoding stops. Skipping forward to the end of timeshift does update the video frame, so video is still streaming, it is just getting held up by the audio.

I can successfully watch all 4 channels using the DVBViewer application with the Cyberlink H.246 codec, selected for video and the Cyberlink Audio codec for audio. Using DVBViewer I can confirm the video and audio formats, signal strength, data rates etc.

I've tried a variety of different options in Mediaportal for Television codecs and the best result so far is with Cyberlink H.264 for video and Cyberlink Audio Decoder for audio. This results in pops and hisses out the audio, and jerky, slow video.

Specs as follows:

TV-Server Version: tvengine3-02-24-2008--05-09h--Rev17500
MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal-svn--02-24-2008--05-06-Rev17500
MediaPortal Skin: Foofaraw
CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 4800+ Dual Core AM2
Mainboard: Asus M2A-VM HDMI
RAM: 2GB
HDD: WD 320GB SATA
Video: ATI Radeon X1250
Sound: Realtek ALC883
TV-Card 1: Hauppauge HVR1300
Remote: Hauppauge