TVEngine3 Snapshot: 03-25-2008 05-09h Revision 18234 (1 Viewer)

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
General Infos:

Please visit our Wiki-Guide before you try out this engine.
We also provide some tutorial videos which show how to install and configure the TV-Server and TV-Client.

MediaPortal TVEngine3 Capabilities:

- seperate front/backend
- supports multiple frontends
- supports multiple backends (master/slave servers)
- analog/atsc/dvb-c/dvb-s/dvb-t support
- recording to mpeg-2 program stream (.mpg)
- mpeg-2 transport stream timeshifting
- multi tuner support of course
- epg / mhw grabbing right from the DVB stream
- network streaming via rtsp
- teletext grabbing

- ci / cam support for firedtv, twinhan and technotrend
- placeshifting
- TV Movie Clickfinder EPG import

MediaPortal TVEngine3 Requirements:

- latest MediaPortal SVN-Build Wiki-Guide --> Download
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition ---> Download
- additional (but recommened) SQL Server Management Studio Express ---> Download

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Changes since last snapshot:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
r18227 | chef_koch | 2008-03-24 12:50:11 +0100 (Mo, 24 Mrz 2008) | 1 line

use more logicLib for disabling the next button on components page
r18228 | gemx | 2008-03-24 13:59:17 +0100 (Mo, 24 Mrz 2008) | 1 line

Some code cleanups
r18233 | misterd_sf | 2008-03-24 22:03:50 +0100 (Mo, 24 Mrz 2008) | 1 line

tv plugin is now by default on home screen
r18234 | rtv_sf | 2008-03-24 23:34:55 +0100 (Mo, 24 Mrz 2008) | 1 line

disabled MySQL db optimization for now as it might cause stuttering playback during EPG imports on single core systems.

dev note

-no dev note for this snapshot

===> DOWNLOAD <===

This thread is open to everyone to provide feedback for this particular snapshot.
If you found or confirm a bug please still open a single thread with full details in the Bugsection

Memphys

Portal Member
November 29, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
I'm still getting the "unable to start graph" problem that i have since the 14 March release, and when it came up also switching back to previous releases doesn't help... i suspect vista service pack 1 could also be the cause...

stefanbaar

Portal Pro
October 31, 2007
Holstebro
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Problems with Vista

I just tried to install todays tvserver, mp, svn and client plugin on a totally clean vista ultimate. But I cant get live tv to work. I have done exactly the same as I have done at least 10 times on XP pro where it was working perfect.
Can anyone help?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    stefanbaar, seems like you have run into dll problems which many can see. Developers are working on it & it will be solved, only take some time, so best it's to use a older build until it is.
    From your log:
    2008-03-25 18:15:02.536496 [ERROR][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer:exception while creating DShow graph DLL'en 'dshowhelper.dll' kunne ikke indlæses: Programmet kunne ikke starte, fordi side om side-konfigurationen er forkert. Yderligere oplysninger finder du i hændelseslogfilen. (Undtagelse fra HRESULT: 0x800736B1) ved MediaPortal.Player.VMR9Util.Vmr9Init(IVMR9PresentCallback callback, UInt32 dwD3DDevice, IBaseFilter vmr9Filter, UInt32 monitor)
    ved MediaPortal.Player.VMR9Util.AddVMR9(IGraphBuilder graphBuilder)

Regards
    Roy

d2globalinc

Portal Member
    March 9, 2008
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Not sure where to post this so I'll just start here:

I was having an issue with the Schedules Direct Plugin not loading since the new install packager has been in use. After several hours of experimenting I was able to get the updated version of the plugin to finally work by removing the PluginBase.dll file from the TVServers Plugins folder. PRE- new install package this file was not located in this folder and was only in the main MediaPortal TV Server folder. Now it is in both places? - I have not had any problems since removing the file from the folder and the schedules direct plugin is now updating my TV Guide data normally and TV / MP are working fine as well. - I'm running latest SVN's of both MP and TVE.

Just an FYI - not sure where else to report this! Thanks!

- D2G

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    d2globalinc, that would sound absolute correct, we have had issues with wrong placed dll's before(PowerScheduler.Interfaces.dll & hibernating in regular MP), will point chefkoch to this problem.
    Thanks for info.

Regards
    Roy

d2globalinc

Portal Member
    March 9, 2008
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ahh - Glad I stumbled onto that then - I figured it was probably something to do with the install packager configuration and the dll file accidentally getting placed in both locations - I've had similar issues when creating install packagers myself.. It was just strange that the schedules direct plugin was the only one not loading - but then again it is the only non-default plugin I'm using and placing in the plugins folder...

I'd be happy to provide any logs or do more testing if someone needs it -

Thanks!

-D2G

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I had a problem with updating my TV Scheduler TVE3 plugin for recent SVN's and I now understand what's going on, and it's not funny :(

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/development-91/rule-based-tvscheduler-service-26158/

I recompiled everything myself and therefor I saw no problems. All assemblies end up with version 1.0.0.0.

But! When you install an SVN build I noticed the assemblies have versions 1.0.0.x where X is the SVN number. This is not the way it used to be. As a matter of fact, it's near impossible to release any third party plugins now, since you'd have to recompile them for every single SVN release!

Why was this changed? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom