TVEngine3 Snapshot: 10-19-2007 01-21h Revision 16281 (1 Viewer)

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
General Infos:

Please visit our Wiki-Guide before you try out this engine.
We also provide some tutorial videos which show how to install and configure the TV-Server and TV-Client.

MediaPortal TVEngine3 Capabilities:

- seperate front/backend
- supports multiple frontends
- supports multiple backends (master/slave servers)
- analog/atsc/dvb-c/dvb-s/dvb-t support
- recording to mpeg-2 program stream (.mpg)
- mpeg-2 transport stream timeshifting
- multi tuner support of course
- epg / mhw grabbing right from the DVB stream
- network streaming via rtsp
- teletext grabbing

- ci / cam support for firedtv, twinhan and technotrend
- placeshifting
- TV Movie Clickfinder EPG import

MediaPortal TVEngine3 Requirements:

- latest MediaPortal SVN-Build Wiki-Guide --> Download
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition ---> Download
- additional (but recommened) SQL Server Management Studio Express ---> Download

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Changelog since last snapshot:

TvServer 18/10/2007 [11:58:08] gemx added: Added a new "virtual" card for radio webstreams. Now you can map webstreams to this card. Recording of webstreams is coming next ;-)
SetupTv 18/10/2007 [11:59:26] gemx added: Added a "Radio Combinations" section to SetupTv. You can now also combine radio channels. Even DVB-X radio channels with webstreams.
Tagreader 18/10/2007 [12:06:28] hwahrmann added: Added support for Fraunhofer VBR Header to Tagreader
TvPlugin 18/10/2007 [13:26:14] gemx added: "MyRadio" Added a setup form to the plugin (right-click on plugin) with several options (show/hide all channels group,remember last group,set root group). See the thread " [Announcement] TvPlugin -" MyRadio "Reloaded" for more details
Music 18/10/2007 [14:03:50] hwahrmann added: Artists and AlbumArtists were added Case Sensitive, which caused thenm to appear multiple times
Music 18/10/2007 [15:34:05] hwahrmann added: Scanning for Various Artists didn't work
Music 18/10/2007 [16:33:18] hwahrmann added: Changes to the Settings for Music DB scan were not honored immediately. Restarting Config was necessary.
MyAlarm 18/10/2007 [18:15:29] rtv added: fixed null reference exception when Alarm could not be fired in time
TVClient 18/10/2007 [22:13:43] joboehl added: panel in Configuration can now be used to configure preferred language.

===> click here to download <===

This thread is open to everyone to provide feedback for this particular snapshot.
If you found or confirm a bug please still open a single thread with full details in the Bugsection

Arn01805

Portal Pro
July 31, 2006
Breda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
For me: no audio and no video with this tv-engine. Even not in the tv-server configuration preview.

edit:
when reverting back to tv-server 10-16-2007 01-24h Revision 16239, I have audio and video again, even with the tv-client plugin from 10-19-2007 01-21h Revision 16281

I guess it has something to do with: 17/10/2007 [13:27:20] Eabin added: moved graph building to client side. this fixes some of the issues with audio-but-no-video (or the reverse) some users were having. you will need to update TVServer AND Mediaportal to be able to use this build.

Is this the reason the tv-preview in tvsetup doesn't work anymore? For mediaportal I use latest svn with new tsreader.

Should i adjust more setttings to be able to use the newer tv-server (I've always had the video-but-no-audio problem on some channels; used Dscaler to fix this)

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    you will need to update MP (not only the client plugin) to the latest revision too (as the changelog says :))
    if you already have the latest version of both, please attach mediaportal.log

edit: the broken preview may indeed be related to this change. i will have a look at it.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I guess it has something to do with: 17/10/2007 [13:27:20] Eabin added: moved graph building to client side. this fixes some of the issues with audio-but-no-video (or the reverse) some users were having. you will need to update TVServer AND Mediaportal to be able to use this build.

Is this the reason the tv-preview in tvsetup doesn't work anymore? For mediaportal I use latest svn with new tsreader.

I think Eabins' change doesn't affect the review feature in TVE3 setup.

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Stone: (i'm repeating myself here): did you update MP too? not only the client plugin. if so, please provide some logs.

tourettes: yes, i just saw that the preview window is still using tsfilesource, so this should not be related.

noddy

Portal Member
    April 7, 2007
    Harsefeld
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ebian: I just tried the new SVN 16281 both for TVservice & MP. The tvservice process is still hanging after sometime. I tried a channel scan. For that I unmapped all channels from each card. The scan was done.
    The preview is also not working here (tvservice log attached). I will try to produce the channel change log as described in the last SVN thread.
    Stopping the service via service control panel will only work directly after starting the tvservice.exe. (TVservice had not be using any TV card) :eek:

:sorry: for bad news

noddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom