TVEngine3 Snapshot: 10-26-2007 01-22h Revision 16362 (1 Viewer)

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
General Infos:

Please visit our Wiki-Guide before you try out this engine.
We also provide some tutorial videos which show how to install and configure the TV-Server and TV-Client.

MediaPortal TVEngine3 Capabilities:

- seperate front/backend
- supports multiple frontends
- supports multiple backends (master/slave servers)
- analog/atsc/dvb-c/dvb-s/dvb-t support
- recording to mpeg-2 program stream (.mpg)
- mpeg-2 transport stream timeshifting
- multi tuner support of course
- epg / mhw grabbing right from the DVB stream
- network streaming via rtsp
- teletext grabbing

- ci / cam support for firedtv, twinhan and technotrend
- placeshifting
- TV Movie Clickfinder EPG import

MediaPortal TVEngine3 Requirements:

- latest MediaPortal SVN-Build Wiki-Guide --> Download
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition ---> Download
- additional (but recommened) SQL Server Management Studio Express ---> Download

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Changelog since last snapshot:

Music 25/10/2007 [22:39:39] Koudijs added: Fixed: Song duration was displayed in seconds when a database view was sorted by artist or by album

===> click here to download <===

This thread is open to everyone to provide feedback for this particular snapshot.
If you found or confirm a bug please still open a single thread with full details in the Bugsection

iosub

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
San Sebastian
WOOOWW!!

HI

Last changes on channel zapping has made MP incredible FAST!!!.. As far as I have test, I can say that for the last several months.. This build is the BEST .. MP client 16362 and TVServer 16362..

GREAT JOB TEAM!!

Iosu

Client WIndows Vista 32+ Ms codec +EVR
Server Windows XP(SPS)
Multi site Setup
FireDTV S2 (two cards) and DVB-T (2 cards)

MarcRoberts

Portal Member
October 10, 2007
Great work

Just a quick 'thanks' to all you guys for this great product. I do have a couple of issues but before I go in to them I should give you a little background on what i'm using it for, as its not the conventional use.

I work for a university in the UK, and we have a requirement to record a number of channel continuously for later retrieval by tutors for use as teching material. Currently we are using a combination of vhs and dvd recorders from analog sources. We are trying to modernise this and record from digital (read Freeview) sources. we've been using TV Server for a few weeks now with 3x black gold dual tuner cards, and it has been working very well recording the main 5 channels 24 hours a day with a couple of additional channels for a few more hours a day. This amounts to about 200GB of recordings per day.

We're using XMLTV to obtain the EPG information (i've found this more reliable that obtaining it from the DVB broadcast) and I have a small .NET app which periodically schedules the recordings for the next 24 hours using your wonderful .NET interfaces which are a pleasure to use, many thanks for them also.

Now the issues I have, none of which are real show stoppers but would be nice.

* The %startmm% and %starthh% times in the filename do not have leading zeros, i've tried changing the regional setting on the server (Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise) but this didn't make a difference. This results in ambiguous filenames ...130.. could be a recording at 01:30 or 13:00. Currently we have a program that periodically renames all files based on the creation time.

* We have a pre/post buffer of 5 minutes for every recording, which means for the channels that only air for a few hours a day (for instance Teachers TV, which only airs between 4pm and 5pm) the recording is starting 5 minutes before the channel begins airing. This first recording is empty, 0KB. If we start the recording with no pre buffer, it records fine, but this is a pain to setup as we have the automated scheduling app. Currently we are just ignoring this issue as the system is still a development system.

* And finally, a couple of time over the last couple of weeks i've come in to work to find the recordings stopped working overnight. Looking in the TV Server 'Manual Control' page it thinks it IS recording still, but the files are not being created. The last time this occured (this morning) the .xml files WERE created with the epg information in, but the .ts WERE NOT created. I thought this could be an issue with writing to a remote share, but if its creating the xml files this is unlikely. Restarting the service does not fix it, but rebooting the machine does.

This may be the wrong place to post, but I really wanted to say thanks for all the work, and I cleared all my logs this morning when I upgraded to the latest build so I don't have them to include (d'oh). As soon as I have logs for the last two issues (4pm today for issue 2, unknown for issue 3) i will either attach them to this, or create a post in the support forum whichever is best.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
What Happened....

Installed this version and just does not work, well for me at least.

crashes constantly with the following in the evenet log

Faulting application tvservice.exe, version 1.0.0.0, stamp 472124e7, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, stamp 411096b4, debug? 0, fault address 0x0001888f.

unable to do anything, yesterday was running TV3 SVN 15353 / MP SVN 15319 all was pretty much perfect, only differance is I installed SVN's 16362 not nothing works, going back to previous versions is the same. Deleted DB, fresh install no differance, MP.TV3 no loger seems to be able to talk to my TV cards.

I doubt this is MP's fault at all but wonder if anyone else is seeing the same problems....off to rebuild from scratch now as whole PC is basiclly toast!

vertiger

Portal Pro
July 8, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Problems with my Hauppauge PVR-500. I can the card only one time, after that i get only static till the next reboot. With only restart of TvService i do not get audio (checked the stream with vlc - no audio in there). Before update i used 15389, which worked reasonably fine. Also no audio from old recordings. Turned TsReader off - MP hangs.

jimbolina

Portal Pro
August 6, 2007
Home Country
TV-Server Version: TVEngine3 Snapshot: 08-14-2007 01-23h Revision 16362
MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot: 08-14-2007 01-05h - Revision:16362
useTSReader: yes
MediaPortal Skin: bluetwo
Windows Version: xppro sp2
CPU Type: sempron 2400
HDD: 40gb seagate ide
Memory: 512
Motherboard: gigabyte
Motherboard Chipset: km400a
Motherboard Bios: f2
Video Card: nv 7300gt
Video Card Driver: 162.18
Sound Card: live 5.1
Sound Card AC3: -
Sound Card Driver: final
1. TV Card: twinhan 878
1. TV Card Type: pci
1. TV Card Driver: 1.2.3.8
MPEG2 Video Codec: pdvd7
MPEG2 Audio Codec: pdvd7
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: atx 4bay
Cooling: stock
Power Supply: 500w
Remote: -
TV: crt
TV - HTPC Connection: s-vid

I get a weird "picture in picture" effect when changing between some channels. The new channel appears in the top left corner of the screen and the previous channel is stuck in a loop filling the rest of the screen.

Sometimes the previous channel is just a black screen but then the new channel in the top left corner bleeds down filling the left side of the screen.

I can replicate this by changing from "TenHD" to "SBS" using the mini-epg in fullscreen (Australian channels if any other Aussie want to test). It also does it at other times but this is the easiest to replicate. To fix, just go back to mytv and turn the tv on and off again.

Pe2RM

Portal Member
October 26, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
No audio on second timeshift, snow after channelswitch

I have same kind of problems as Vertiger

Starting MP TV Client first time everything is OK! (And channelswitching speed has been improved:D ).
Starting MP TV Client second time, there is video but no audio. When switching to another channel i'have got only snow, quick check in TV server status shows that tuner has no signal.
Reverted back to SVN 16330 everything is ok, problem starts at SVN 16333.

Problem can be easy reproduced with preview in TV Server setup.
First preview is OK. after stopping this preview and starting a second preview there is video but no audio.
Then tried preview of another channel but every channel results in snow, tuner has no signal.
After restart of TV service, everything is back ok.
Looks like timeshifting works only 1 time. Restart of TV service is required after timeshift has been used.

Using Hauppauge PVR350 on WinXP-SP2, with lastest drivers & XP updates

View attachment 12402

:D Since MP V0.2.3-RC3 i seen a lot of work on fixing our problems, great job guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom