TvPlugin and MediaPortal don't have the same version (1 Viewer)

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    I have some code changes that I want to make to mediaportal. When I did my original compile, I used the MSBuild utility and everything seemed to go well.

Then, I made some changes to TVHome.cs in sharp develop and rebuilt, which was successful, however when I drop in the dll, I get the following when I start media portal:
    Code:
    TvPlugin and MediaPortal don't have the same version.
    Please update the older component to the same version as the newer one.
    MediaPortal Version:1.2.0-42-gdae49a0
    TvPlugin Version: 1.2.0.0

Where is the version information set?

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    I ended up removing the version installed by mediaportal and just compiling the client and server using SharpDevelop. I then used NSIS to execute the installer scripts in the Setup directories. Worked like a champ.

Let me know if anyone else has weird issues.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TvPlugin and MediaPortal don't have the same version

Hello!
    Have you read this part of the news? ->

General note about Upgrades
    Manually stop TV-Service!
    On some systems our installer is not able to update the TV-Server installation because its files are locked or the service can not be stopped. In 1.3.0 we will completely rework our Installer to take care of this problem once and for all.

For upgrades to 1.2.x we recommend you manually stop the TV-Service, and make sure, via Windows Task Manager (enable the "all users" option), that the TvService.exe process is really gone before starting to upgrade.

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am trying to make a minor change to MP Client 1.3.0. I did this successfully with V1.2 but no luck since the move to GIT. I switched to 'Release_1.3.0' and it compiled with MSBUILD..ALL ok, but on running it complains saying MP Version: 1.3.0-Branch_release_1.3.0 not same as Plugin (1.3.0.0). Now, I could compile the plugin, and (what next?) the Server, but I know that other plugins (esp Online Videos) will also complain. Is there a way (perhaps in GIT) to make it produce 'Version 1.3.0.0' like the real one? Then I will only have to deal with building the client. And if it isn't possible, then how does the published version come up with that release number? Here's a bit of the build log which looks relevant:

EntityClean:
    Successfully cleaned the output for 0 EDMX files.
    EntityDeploy:
    Processing 0 EDMX files.
    Finished processing 0 EDMX files.
    CSC : warning CS1607: Assembly generation -- The version '1.3.0-831-gf5fb94c-Branch_Release_1.3.0' specified for the 'product version' is not in the normal 'major.minor.build.revision' format
    CopyFilesToOutputDirectory:
    Copying file from "obj\Release\Common.Utils.dll" to "bin\Release\Common.Utils.dll".

TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom