[Pending] TvPlugin ZapOsd Patch (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The remote is setup properly, in my debug config I use the keybord to zap from channel to channel (F7 and F8, if I remember correctly).
    Was checking this was not some other message being sent via IRTrans or Girder or something. Both f7/f8 on keyboard and next/prev channel on MCE remote should fire ACTION_NEXT_CHANNEL

As you said this table should not contain mappings from radio-channels.
    Could you try
    Code:
    select *
    from   groupmap a, channel b
    where  a.idChannel = b.idChannel
    and    b.isRadio = b'1'
    and just let me know what you get back?

Neos

Portal Member
    February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just ran an identical query look at my previous post; 70 records were returned

I also ran another SQL statement to remove any radio channels from the groupmap using:
    Code:
    DELETE FROM groupmap WHERE idChannel IN (SELECT idChannel FROM channel WHERE channel.isRadio = 1);

Note that SetupTV and the EPG did not display the radio channels and they only appeared while zapping, even tough all channels have visible in guide set to 1. This implies that the pieces of code generating channel lists for these parts DID check for !isRadio && isTv. This makes it all the more confusing and difficult to debug. Adding a radio channel/tv channel check to the zaposd makes sense to me because it is inline with the channel lists other parts of mediaportal returns.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I just ran an identical query look at my previous post; 70 records were returned
    There were not quite identical ;) but I wanted to just see if I could link this back to the data in your dump.

There was one thought I had that your mySQL database might have got corrupted. Have you tried running mysql repair
    Code:
    mysqlcheck --user=root --pass=MediaPortal --auto-repair MPTVDB

I also ran another SQL statement to remove any radio channels from the groupmap
    If you do delete all your channels and do a new scan does this add radio channels back to the GroupMap table?

Neos

Portal Member
    February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The tables do not contain any corrupted data, if there is corruption mysql will simply refuse to load that particular table until it's repaired ;) . I'll rescan my cards in a bit to see of the channels are added to the groupmap again. Before doing so I will of course truncate all the channel related tables and the group table. (I also use mysql for other projects; I'm not an SQL expert but can write more complicated queries.)

The query I ran first was: SELECT * FROM groupmap LEFT JOIN channel ON channel.channelId = groupmap.channelId WHERE channel.isRadio = 1; which is identical to the one you posted (I think) except that I used an explicit join and you did not. Afterwards I just ran the same query without the channel.isRadio = 1 clause sorting by sortOrder to get a nice view of how the groupmap object inside mediaportal would look ;).

I also have one analogue card installed but I do not receive any radio through this card.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    The tables do not contain any corrupted data, if there is corruption mysql will simply refuse to load that particular table until it's repaired ;) . I'll rescan my cards in a bit to see of the channels are added to the groupmap again. Before doing so I will of course truncate all the channel related tables and the group table. (I also use mysql for other projects; I'm not an SQL expert but can write more complicated queries.)
    Often true but I have seen enough cases of mySQL reporting to work fine but errors still being reported and fixed when you actually check.

The query I ran first was: SELECT * FROM groupmap LEFT JOIN channel ON channel.channelId = groupmap.channelId WHERE channel.isRadio = 1; which is identical to the one you posted (I think) except that I used an explicit join and you did not. Afterwards I just ran the same query without the channel.isRadio = 1 clause sorting by sortOrder to get a nice view of how the groupmap object inside mediaportal would look ;).
    There are two big differences between my query and yours... I am a DBA so pretty fussy... yours is an outer join so records that exist in one table but the other would be returned where as mine was an inner join so only matching rows. Also the SQL you quoted did not have the filter on IsRadio. Would not make a difference really just wanted to see the only the radio details.

I would be very interested in whether these radio channel re-appear.

Now I have removed the GetChannels method could you create a patch that is just for the only selecting channels that are visible in the guide (not with the radio code).

Neos

Portal Member
    February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There are two big differences between my query and yours... I am a DBA so pretty fussy... yours is an outer join so records that exist in one table but the other would be returned where as mine was an inner join so only matching rows. Also the SQL you quoted did not have the filter on IsRadio. Would not make a difference really just wanted to see the only the radio details.
    Yeah true, but I was also interested if there would be a mismatch between the groupmap and channel table, I noticed I indeed quoted another SQL statement. But it matters not as the results are practically the same and we got the info we wanted ;) . I also ran the mysqlcheck, no errors :) .

Now I have removed the GetChannels method could you create a patch that is just for the only selecting channels that are visible in the guide (not with the radio code).
    No problem, I'll create a new patch file. But I can't scan for channels at the moment because the TVService is in use :oops: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom