TVServer channel scan now uses hex numbers instead of channel names? (1 Viewer)

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
UK
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: svn 12899
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: Sempron 2800
HDD: Seagate sata2 320gb
Memory: 512mb ddr
Motherboard: MSI K7N2 Delta-LSR
Motherboard Chipset: NVidia NForce2
Motherboard Bios: B5
Video Card: NVidia 6800
Video Card Driver: 91.36
Sound Card: On Board Realtek
Sound Card AC3: ac3 / coaxial out
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-t PCI
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 2.116.24167.0 (25e)
2. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-t PCI
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
2. TV Card Driver: 2.116.24167.0 (25e)
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: NVidia PureVideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec: NVidia PureVideo
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling: Big fans
Power Supply: Enermax EG475AX-VE(W) Noisetaker
Remote: Hauppauge
TV: 28" widescreen CRT
TV - HTPC Connection: S-Video

error description:
Scan the 6 tp's from my local digital terrestrial transmitter. One of them now has 4 digit hex numbers instead of the proper channel names. I recompiled/tested versions until I discovered that svn 12898 works fine and 12899 exhibits the problem. The diffs file is here http://mediaportal.svn.sourceforge.n...12748&r2=12899
prior to this it had worked fine in all earlier versions from 0.2.0.0 onwards. The changes occur in the file TvEngine3/Filters/sources/TsWriter/source/SectionDecoder.cpp by Yamp. Unfortunately this c++ module fails to compile on my system so I could go no further with it (lots of syntax errors)

Logs:
I attach logs showing just the single problem tp being scanned. additionally there are hybrid logs which show this same version scanning when recompiled with the TsWriter.ax file from the previous version which works fine.

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
UK
SciDoc - I posted it a while even before that thread here

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tvserver_channel_scan_broken_rev_12899_sectiondecoder-t21258.html

But it seemed to get overlooked (zero downloads of the logs). I'd spent about 12 hours tracking it down so I was a bit disappointed. A month on I decided to respost it here. It's a bit confusing as there are many diff bug report forums and no real tracking.

I would have probably tried to fix it but the c++ module containing the changes doesn't compile under vs2005 (not sure what version it was compiled with?) So rather than trying to fix syntax errors (in templates!) I posted a bug report. As I said I got the latest svn to work properly by compiling against the old tswriter but have reverted to 0.2.2.0 anyway.

PS if you grab the earlier TsWriter.ax from http://mediaportal.svn.sourceforge....ngine3/Filters/bin/TsWriter.ax?revision=12868
and replace the surrent one and recompile the tv3 engine it will work fine (it did on march 27 anyway when I originally posted about this)

0.2.2.0 and recompile the tv server

KoktGrus

Portal Pro
November 8, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
SciDoc - I posted it a while even before that thread here

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tvserver_channel_scan_broken_rev_12899_sectiondecoder-t21258.html

But it seemed to get overlooked (zero downloads of the logs). I'd spent about 12 hours tracking it down so I was a bit disappointed. A month on I decided to respost it here. It's a bit confusing as there are many diff bug report forums and no real tracking.

I would have probably tried to fix it but the c++ module containing the changes doesn't compile under vs2005 (not sure what version it was compiled with?) So rather than trying to fix syntax errors (in templates!) I posted a bug report. As I said I got the latest svn to work properly by compiling against the old tswriter but have reverted to 0.2.2.0 anyway.

PS if you grab the earlier TsWriter.ax from http://mediaportal.svn.sourceforge....ngine3/Filters/bin/TsWriter.ax?revision=12868
and replace the surrent one and recompile the tv3 engine it will work fine (it did on march 27 anyway when I originally posted about this)

0.2.2.0 and recompile the tv server

It doesn't work for me =(( When i've replaced the tswriter and trying to perform a scan, it just scans one transponder for about one half second or something and says that no channels were found =S

---edit

how do i recompile the server then?

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
UK
- You grab the source code for tvserver 3 via tortoise-svn
- Go to the ...tvengine3\Filters\bin\TsWriter file, right click it and doTortoise svn|Update to revision = 12898
- recompile it and scan will work OK (note you can't just copy that file into a pre-compiled svn release it HAS to be recompiled against this (old) file.

There are instructions in the MediaPortal Wiki on getting the source via svn and then compiling it, but if you are not a programmer and unfamiliar with the process you may find this difficult.

I just checked the svn and can see no changes to date that will fix this issue. As I said before if someone would tell me what they used to compile it (vs2005 gives many errors) I might have a look at it, but I don't wanna spend hours trying to fix compiler errors that may be caused by something else.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Must admit, now really looking forward to this being resolved, as stopped using TVE3 because of this problem.

As always I believe there is a bigger picture as to why this change was implemented in the first place, but would still like a fix soon.

Thanks to HappyTalk on this one, hope changes are made soon.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom