TvServer misrecognising HVR-2200 tuner card? (1 Viewer)

push2eject

August 18, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi All, this is my first post and first attempt to use MediaPortal...

I want to use it to replace Win7 Media Center for watching and recording free-to-air TV near Wynyard, Tasmania, Australia. I've installed MediaPortal version 1.2.3.0 with default settings on Win7 SP1, 64-bit.

My tuner is a "Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200 (8940)" (as listed in device manager) on PCI bus 3. Driver version 7.9.1.29297 dated 2011-10-24.

For some reason TvServer is not able to find any stations... :(

The card is working, as WMC can find stations. Also TvServer works okay with the internal tuner on my Dell XPS17. I noticed that doing an all-stations scan on the laptop took quite a long time, but on the PC with the HVR-2200 it was 'done' in about a minute (but doesn't find anything). I have tried manually tuning a known station frequency (648.5MHz, ABC), but it still doesn't find anything. If I try and search for an analogue channel, I get the following error:

"The graph building. Mostly your card is not supported by TvServer. Please create a report in our forum."

These are the tuners listed in the TvServer Configuration utility:

1 DVB-T Hauppauge WinTV-7164 BDA DVBT Tuner
2 DVB-T Hauppauge WinTV-7164 BDA DVBT Tuner
3 Analog Hauppauge WinTV-7164 Analog TV Tuner
4 Analog Hauppauge WinTV-7164 Analog TV Tuner
5 RadioWebStream Card (builtin)

I am wondering if TvServer has misrecognised the HVR-2200 as a different card and thus isn't able to control it properly? Has anyone else had trouble using MediaPortal with a HVR-2200 tuner card? Any other ideas or suggestions about what I should do? Suggestions for other 2+ channel DVB-T tuner cards that are known to work?

Thanks - really hoping I can get this working!

Kevin.

Shadime

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Kevin,
    I too live on the NW coast and have the same card and OS. Really to understand what is causing the issue we need to see your logs.
    I can attach a NW tas tuning xml for you but I dont think that is the problem.

Have you got the card set up as a hybrid card?
    you are better off only scaning with the DVBT channels on the card and not the Analog ones.
    The scanning using the card should take at least 15 mins if you choose Region Australia.

By the way im using the same drivers as you.
    My card appears the same as yours except I have unticked the analogue cards in the cards tab

Also there is much information in the WIKI

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/TV-Server_Configuration

Last edited:

push2eject

August 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Shadime,

Thanks for responding - good to hear someone in the area has it working! :)

I did have the analog tuners unchecked, I only tried them after having trouble with the DVBT tuners. After seeing it work on my laptop I realised the scan should take a while. It scans so quickly on the PC that I don't think it's actually even trying to tune. Does TvServer show your HVR-2200 card as a couple of "Hauppauge WinTV-7164" tuners?

I have just done a complete uninstall/reinstall, started the TvServer Configuration tool and tried to manually tune one of the DVBT tuners to the ABC frequency:

Advanced Tuning Options; Freq 613500kHz, Bandwidth 7MHz, Scan type: single transponder.

It didn't find anything, so I have attached the associated log files. I hope you or someone else can make more sense of them than I can!

Thanks again,
    Kevin.

Shadime

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Kevin,

Yes my tuners come up the same, the frequency you have for ABC is different to mine. I have attached a xml file for you to put in the folder:

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbt

and then find Tas NW in the tuning list and try a scan.

Cheers

Shadime

Attachments

• Australia.Tas - NW.xml
      803 bytes
    Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Kevin :)

I am wondering if TvServer has misrecognised the HVR-2200 as a different card and thus isn't able to control it properly?
    The HVR-2200 is fully supported and working in TV Server. On your system, it looks to me like TV Server has recognised the card correctly (ignore the tuner names - they are absolutely normal).
    The issue seems to be that TV Server hasn't installed correctly. In particular, in your log files I see that one of the core components (TsWriter) that is critical to just about every tuner related operation has not been registered in the OS.

It scans so quickly on the PC that I don't think it's actually even trying to tune.
    Good observation. :)
    Yes, you're correct. This is because of the TsWriter issue mentioned above.

When you're doing the installations, are you installing with administrative privileges (ie. right click, run as administrator)?
    If you installed MP in the default location then downloading, extracting and running the attached batch file (right click, run as administrator) may solve the problem. However if the installation is not completing successfully then I can't guarantee that there won't be further problems down the track...

mm

Attachments

• register.zip
      319 bytes
    Last edited:

push2eject

August 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi mm, thanks for helping out!

I haven't been able to get it working yet, but have more info which may mean more to you than me:

1. I did the original installation as an admin user. I have since uninstalled and reinstalled using "run as admin.." but no change in behavior.
    2. I used the default "one click" installation.
    3. My PC is running Win7 32-bit, not 64-bit as I originally indicated (my mistake; I forgot this is only PC in the house still on 32bit). I only realised this when I tried to run your batch file. I modified the batch file to include quotes around the files paths and also change "...\Program Files (x86)\..." to just "...\Program Files\...".

Now when I "run as admin.." the batch file, {cdxareader.ax, mmaacd.ax, PDMpgMux.ax} work ok:

RegSvr32: DllRegisterServer in c:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\cdxareader.ax succeeded.

But the other files {DVBSub2.ax, TsReader.ax, mpFileWriter.ax, MPIPTVSource.ax, TsWriter.ax} all fail:

RegSvr32: The module "c:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\DVBSub2.ax" failed to load.

Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path ot debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files.

The specified module could not be found.
    I have checked, and the DVBSub2.ax etc. files are in the location specified. Could there be a compatibility problem with Win7-32bit?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi mm, thanks for helping out!
    No worries. :)

I haven't been able to get it working yet, but have more info which may mean more to you than me...
    Yeah, that info is helpful.

I have checked, and the DVBSub2.ax etc. files are in the location specified. Could there be a compatibility problem with Win7-32bit?
    There is no compatibility problem that I am aware of. I'm more than a little puzzled at the mo.

Have you checked the sizes of the files that fail to register?
    Which version of Windows 7 is it (Home Basic, Home Premium etc.)?

mm

push2eject

August 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It's Windows 7 Home Premium. Sizes of some of the failed files:
    DVBSub2.ax = 79,872 bytes
    TsReader.ax = 370,688 bytes
    TsWriter.ax = 261,632 bytes

I'm wondering if it might be simplest to just to a clean install of Windows7-64 and then try MP again...

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom