TVServerClient always looking for MPV decoder? (1 Viewer)

bktabinga

February 13, 2007
So I read the forums about the inability of MPV to provide a non-stutter picture on clients.
Checking the Client logs, I see that the MPV/MPA decoders are always sought and added to the graph...even though I select NVIDIA decoders in the setup and even though its listed as the primary/default decoder through DECCHECK.

I read the forums and did a number of things to rectify the stuttering. I updated the quartz.dll, updated the nvidia drivers to the newest Nov 06, and I unregistered the MPV/MPA decoders so they could never be used.

Funny thing is...the logs still show that they are seeking them MPV/MPA decoders but they are not found. I know the NVIDIA decoders were finally used because the little NVIDIA icon pops up in the systray. However, when you check the log, it doesn't mention that they were used.

1)So how does this work? Is it something in the registry that when I first installed TVServer that it checks for that decoder.

2) Is there a reason why it likes to use that decoder first....

3) Is there a reason that when you try to select other decoders using the setup utility (using the TV menu) that it still trys to load MPV. My only guess to question 3 is that what you are setting up is the "old TV engine" and not the new TVEngine that replaces it when you install the TVServer plugin.

By the way, whatever I did, the stuttering went away (and I'm wondering shoudl I even care to ask these questions if it works now!!! Well i want to know for future reference I guess)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom