tvserver's recording priority (1 Viewer)

zefram

Portal Member
April 9, 2007
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Are the record priority feature implemented? I tried to look for it on the forum, and found this article that mentions "Fast, Normal and Resolve" options, but I can't find that so I guess it changed somewhere down the line. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/questions_conflictmanager-t21106.html?t=21106

If it is implemented, does a lower value indicate higher priority?

Is it me, or is it impossible to set the priorities through the mediaportal interface? I had to change the values in the database directly, but I doesn't seam to change behavior.

Thanks for any help,

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    From checking my logs it would seem that the higher the value the higher the priority.

I would also like to see the priority adjusable from the TV setup.

How did you change the database, was it MS-SQL you are using and which fields?

zefram

Portal Member
    April 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I use mysql for the database.

I thought about this and realize the priority feature might be implemented in a few ways. I would have liked it to work like this:

When a higher priority program conflicts with a lower priority program, then the lower priority program should stop recording. Thus preempting.

If the priority feature is implemented I think that higher priority programs do not interrupt currently recording programs, at least that is not the behavior I'm getting.

zefram

Portal Member
    April 9, 2007
    Home Country
    And I changed the fields with phpMyAdmin.

Fields: In the schedule table, the priority field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom