TvWishList Transifex Language Translations (1 Viewer)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I am starting here a separate thread for the Transifex Language Teams on TvWishList, which is dedicated only to questions on TvWishlist language translations.

For questions on the TvWishList MediaPortal1 or Tvserver plugin go here.
For questions on the TvWishList MediaPortal2 plugin go here.

If you want to have this plugin in your native language you have to join the Transifex language teams.
If you have not heard of Transifex before you should start here with the WIKI and guidelines.

The golden source for Tvwishlist on Transifex does support all 3 TvWishList plugins, namely the Tvserver plugin TvWishList, the MediaPortal1 plugin TvWishListMP and the MediaPortal2 plugin TvWishListMP2.

The TvWishList installer will automatically install the language files for all 3 plugins. Their locations are e.g. for Windows7 64bit:

TvWishList:
C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TvWishList\Languages

TvWishListMP:
C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language\TvWishListMP

TvWishListMP2:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\TvWishListMP2\Language

If you want to test your partial language files before an official release you need to use the language converter which can be downloaded from here. Transifex is using the MediaPortal2 language format (download from Transifex as Android format), which can be used only with the TvWishListMP2 plugin. The Tvserver plugin TvWishListMP and the MediaPortal1 plugin TvWishListMP are using the same language format which is generated by the converter. The setting must be MP1 language and all strings_[language].xml files will be converted into the correct format. It may be a good idea to convert afterwards backwards also from MP1 to MP2 to eliminate some transifex specific characters (use MP2 Summer Edition and exchange the input and output folder).

If you have any questions left on the language conversion or specific string formats please post here. I am planning to pre anounce releases in this thread and post any observations on testing language files.

Update 25.11.2012: Automated script to download and install the transifex language file (Only needed for transifex language team members!)
I have summarized a script procedure to download from transifex your TvWishList language and install it at thecorrect locations for Tvserver, MP1 client and MP2 client. This enables the translator team to immediately test their translations. Incomplete language files can be used, too and will be filled with English strings for any missing translations.

This requires the following steps after you have created a transifex account and you have done your translation:
Step1: Create a credential file with a text file editor (e.g. notepad.exe) in your user folder with the name
.transifexrc
in
C:\Users\[User]
containing 5 lines:

[https://www.transifex.com]
hostname = https://www.transifex.com
password = my_transifex_password
token =
username = my_transifex_username

Step2: Unzip the folder TvWishListTransiFexGetSingleLanguage.zip

Step3: Open the file TvWishListTransifex.bat with a text editor and correct your language (2-letter code)

Step4: Open the file CopyLanguages.bat with a text editor and update your paths

Step5: run TvWishListTransifex.bat

Step6: run CopyLanguages.bat in administrator mode by right clicking on the file and select "run as admin" (needed to copy the MP2 language file into the program folder)

As always the use is on your own risk. You should be familiar with batch scripts to use this procedure.

A big thanks for all your work on the translations,
huha

Attachments

• ConvertSettings.JPG
    ConvertSettings.JPG
    44.7 KB
  • TvWishListTransiFexGetSingleLanguage.zip
    3 MB
Last edited:

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I looked through the different language file and found a few minor issues. Many teams had an issue with the format string 189 and 190.
I am using culture invariant conversion everywhere in my program. So i believe the english format names have to be used for all format strings which means
d day
M month
y year
H hour
m minute

Update: I did provide some updates to the format string on transifex.

For the upcoming new version i will need 5 more strings for new features, but this should then be stable.

Browsing throught he files i realized some strings are too long and i do ask the team for a shorter translation if possible:

Dutch:
Tvserver too long:
TV Gids herhalingsmarkering in Titel of Omschrijving

format string 10189 should be "MM/dd/yyyy" and not "MM/dd/jjjj" ( i am using invariant culture for conversion)
format string 10190 should be "HH:mm" and not "UU:mm"

French
too long(MP1 configuration):
Modifier les critères d'appariements des épisodes
Montrer uniquement pour les prochaines heures
Transférer les enregistrements vers le dossier

Les formats peuvent être changé, recommandé pour des utilisateurs experts. les champs non définis le seront à partir du fichier langue original
Les champs non définies utiliseront les valeurs par défaut du fichier de langue

converted \' sign into ' - hope this is correct. if this comes from Transifex i will include a filter in my language converter, so do not worry about it.
format string 10189 should be "MM/dd/yyyy" and not "Mois/jours/année"
format string 10190 should be "HH:mm" and not "Heure:minute"

too long (Tvserver):
Seulement si différent du nom de l'utilisateur

Lithunian
format string 10190 should be "HH:mm" and not "VV:mm"

Swedish
too long:
Andra urvalskriterier
Visa endast inom de
Tomma format kommer

Tvserver too long:
endast om annorlunda än användarnamnet
Upprepningsmärke för titel eller beskrivning i TV-tablån
Max antal planerade inspelningar per TvWish

Attached some snapshots

Attachments

• dutch1.JPG
    dutch1.JPG
    68.1 KB
  • french1.JPG
    french1.JPG
    69.8 KB
  • french2.JPG
    french2.JPG
    63.5 KB
  • french3.JPG
    french3.JPG
    74.8 KB
  • swedish1.JPG
    swedish1.JPG
    63.5 KB
  • swedish2.JPG
    swedish2.JPG
    61.1 KB
  • swedish4.JPG
    swedish4.JPG
    68.3 KB
  • swedish5.JPG
    swedish5.JPG
    65.6 KB
  • swedish3.JPG
    swedish3.JPG
    73.7 KB
Last edited:

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I am planning to release 1.3.0.0 at the end of next week. It would be great if the last 10 strings in the French file could be completed before.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Dutch translations checked & updated. Totally forgot to leave the date stuff alone (and missed this thread!)
    ;)

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Update 25.11.2012: Automated script to download and install the transifex language file (Only needed for transifex language team members!)
    I have summarized a script procedure to download from transifex your TvWishList language and install it at the correct loacations for Tvserver, MP1 client and MP2 client. This enables the translator team to immediately test their translations. Incomplete language files can be used, too and will be filled with English strings for any missing translations.

This requires the steps described in the first posting using the transifex tx client and some scripts

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just realized that i missed the new completed languages for Catalan and Indonesian in my last release. I will do a new release soon. Thanks for your work here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom