Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi

Fellow believers :)

So I have a card mentioned in subject(dvb-c). Also using CI slot with rental conax cam, which which can be used in HTPC environment, meaning it's special cam that is paired only with subscription card, not with underlying hardware(CI slot of card).

Everything work fine, with SD(encrypted and free) channels and with free-view HD channels. Small problems start when watching encrypted HD channels. Small dropouts occur every now and then. Log shows some PES errors at the same time.

DCP latency checker shows some latency problems with azurewave??.sys Which is actually v. 1.2.700 mantis driver for the card. Although I'm not sure if DCP tool is reliable.

So I'm just wondering if TvService can be tweaked to give cam&card a bit more time to handle sendPmt requests. Some sort of delay perhaps. I have no knowledge of a structure of a decoding process so this is just wild guess, but I guess it's no harm for asking.

@mm1352000 what you think ?.

Or should I just buy a new dvb-c card wit CI slot, that works better. If so, what is currently "THE" card that works out of the box. Twinhan is old, but reliable workhorse, if not counting the HD encrypted channels.

Best regards for all....

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    mm1352000 what you think ?.
    I think you should post full client and server log files showing the problem. Without them I can't really know what the problem is, and if I don't know what the problem is I can't make sensible suggestions about what you should do.

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi.

:confused:

I must admit, I cannot reproduce.:) htpc has been acting a bit strange whole past 2 weeks. For example MTV MAX HD, while watching F1 from russia was a pain. pixellation and PES errors. Huge latency problems.

AND now trying to reproduce and watching Eurosport HD. no can do!, More than 2 hours so far.

Sorry to bother,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom