Twinhan Remote Keymap (1 Viewer)

sadie

Portal Member
January 23, 2005
Australia
G'day i have recently purchased a twinhan dtv card (rebranded) and i wanted to make the remote completely work with MP, however i do not have the means (nor the knowhow) to rewrite the Keymap.xml file. my second problem is that i have no idea what some of the buttons on the remote actually equate to in keyboard commands, if someone could give me the means to do this (or if someone has a rewritten keymap.xml) that would all but complete my media pc.

A

Anonymous

sadie said:
G'day i have recently purchased a twinhan dtv card (rebranded) and i wanted to make the remote completely work with MP, however i do not have the means (nor the knowhow) to rewrite the Keymap.xml file. my second problem is that i have no idea what some of the buttons on the remote actually equate to in keyboard commands, if someone could give me the means to do this (or if someone has a rewritten keymap.xml) that would all but complete my media pc.

Hi, I had the same problem. Solved now! :D

The TwinHan remote uses a keybord interface, i.e it sends out keystrikes to the applikation. So what you need is an app that can remap those keystrokes to what MP handles. Those mapping you can find in the MP docs.

That app is HIP, which you can find here: http://www.byremote.com.au/downloads/default.asp?SCLASS=HIP.
Note! You do not need any of the plugins. The default app (which was written originally for TwinHan remotes) is all you need!

So, what you need to do is the opposite of what you thought. Don't remap MP, remap TwinHan remote mappings.

In fact you can use HIP to create mappings for several apps in different confgurations.

Btw, the tool is free! :D

Good luck!

/Barsk

sadie

Portal Member
January 23, 2005
Australia
thanks for that idea it only occurred to me after i posted that i could possibly remap the keys on the remote. downloading now so i can give it a go. thanks again

D

dsmudger

barsk said:
The TwinHan remote uses a keybord interface, i.e it sends out keystrikes to the applikation. So what you need is an app that can remap those keystrokes to what MP handles. Those mapping you can find in the MP docs.

That app is HIP, which you can find here: http://www.byremote.com.au/downloads/default.asp?SCLASS=HIP.
Note! You do not need any of the plugins. The default app (which was written originally for TwinHan remotes) is all you need!

So, what you need to do is the opposite of what you thought. Don't remap MP, remap TwinHan remote mappings.

In fact you can use HIP to create mappings for several apps in different confgurations.
/Barsk

Has anyone managed to get this app to work with the ADS Tech Instant TV DVB-T PCI remote?

I think it does the same thing - using a proprietary exe to send keystrokes to the TV app..
I'm not sure though.. (is there another way to get that remote working with MP?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom