Two ethernet cards, one for LAN, one for inpust IP TV stream signal (1 Viewer)

karajan

Portal Pro
October 28, 2010
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
I have windows 7 64 bit enterprise and my computer has two ethetnet cards. I noticet, that tv server shows program only when i disabled my LAN ethernet card. I think that this problem must be in windows OS , how can I set this problem. If I then tihis LAN ethertnet card enable, the tvserver will show without any problems. Problem is, that if I restart windows OS, the problem is stil here. I must disable LAN ethernet card, wait a that the TVserver shows program, then my I enable this LAN card. By the way, if I used VLC player is problem the same. VLC not show streamed program if LAN card was enabled on the clean restart windows OS. Enable LAN after VLC can show program, the VLC can still play a program.

Thanks for any help.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi karajan

If you are using the extended DVB-IP source filter from -->here<-- then I think it is possible to specify the adapter to use for some protocols. You can also specify the IP address for the streaming server to bind to in the "streaming server" section of TV Server configuration. Does that help?

mm

karajan

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Thank you mm. My you more specific? I dont understand your answer.

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thank you mm. My you more specific? I dont understand your answer.
    Well for the first part, the post is very detailed. I cannot say more than what is georgius says under "specifying network interface card". You have to change the playlist URL format. He gives an example:
    C:|interface=Local Area Connection|url=udp://@233.60.10.5:1234

For the streaming IP address, the documentation is in the wiki here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...n/TV-Server_Configuration/10_Streaming_Server

You set the "IP address used by the server for RTSP streaming" to the IP address of the adapter that you want to use.

mm

karajan

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Thank mm,

I didn find i solution yet, but if you have an examle of this :

C:|interface=Local Area Connection|url=udp://@233.60.10.5:1234

Give one practical example, how to wrote this ?

Thanks

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I have windows 7 64 bit enterprise and my computer has two ethetnet cards. I noticet, that tv server shows program only when i disabled my LAN ethernet card. I think that this problem must be in windows OS , how can I set this problem. If I then tihis LAN ethertnet card enable, the tvserver will show without any problems. Problem is, that if I restart windows OS, the problem is stil here. I must disable LAN ethernet card, wait a that the TVserver shows program, then my I enable this LAN card. By the way, if I used VLC player is problem the same. VLC not show streamed program if LAN card was enabled on the clean restart windows OS. Enable LAN after VLC can show program, the VLC can still play a program.

Thanks for any help.
    The best will be if you attach logs ... from them it will be clear what version of DVB-IP filter you use, which protocol, etc.

karajan

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Thank you for help. Now I found a solution. If you have two ethernet cards then you must add routing command betweem stream network and Lan network. Then VLC can play. In MP you must use C:|interface=Local Area Connection|url=udp://@233.60.10.5:1234 and MP works great.

Thanks a lot. No pain, no game.

By the way, anyone knows a solution, that MP starts with preferred video? That will be great.

Thanks

Mihael , Slovenia

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Thank you for help. Now I found a solution. If you have two ethernet cards then you must add routing command betweem stream network and Lan network. Then VLC can play. In MP you must use C:|interface=Local Area Connection|url=udp://@233.60.10.5:1234 and MP works great.
    I think that you have something wrong, because there is no need to change routing table in OS. If you specify correct interface name in url it have to work. Correct interface names you can get with command
    Code:
    netsh interface show interface
    or in network connections window. By my opinion you set wrong interface name or interface name of second card.

By the way, anyone knows a solution, that MP starts with preferred video? That will be great.
    Not sure what you mean. Can you be more specific?

karajan

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia

karajan said:
    By the way, anyone knows a solution, that MP starts with preferred video? That will be great.​
    Not sure what you mean. Can you be more specific?

I like to play a prefered video from video folder, when I turn on computer with media portal. In my office I like to play video to inform guest about my bussines. Like infotable.
    Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom