UK - BBC2 EPG suddenly has several programs daily with 'No information' (2 Viewers)

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For your system, you need to have the EPG grab occur at a predictable time, so that you can then run your "EPG fix-up" tool afterwards. Using the timeshift grabber via manually scheduled recordings gives you this predictability (e.g. grab at 6:00 am for 40 minutes, and again at 6:00 pm for 2 minutes).

My EPG fix-up is only needed when I know a change has been made to the schedule: e.g. when someone famous dies and all their films are shown. The process I have developed to remove phrases like New: from the description and put the series information from the EPG into the series fields runs every so many minutes (defined by the user). BTW: I use the originalAirDate field in the Program table to know when a program has already been processed (so the process doesn't keep doing it over and over again).

Therefore, it suits me quite well to allow MP to grab the EPG every 240 minutes without overwriting existing programs because I know it my setup will not be messed up by. I also only grab channels that I have clicked in TV Server Configuration so I allow MP to determine which channel it will use to grab the EPG and I don't grab any channels I don't watch.

I am trying to simplify my setup as much as possible and I think, with your help, I have finally got a working solution.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom