UK DVB-S + DVB-S2 in MP (1 Viewer)

metropolis

Portal Pro
June 1, 2007
Orpington
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, I currently run a multi seat MP system with a Nova-T 500 DVB-T very succsefuly and am really keen to add DVB-S and DVB-S2 but have no satelite experience. I want to be able to get as many channels as poss plus some HD as well. I dont yet have a satelite dish ore DVB-S card. What would people recomend and also what can I expect? What sort of dish, Im in East London, how many LNB's, what satelite card, was looking at Technotrend DVB S 3200, what satelite do I point it to, more than one? is switching satelites seamless in MP. I would really appreciate real experience on this subject before I buy the wrong stuff.

Kind regards,
Kev.

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
November 14, 2005
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi there, although i'm not in the UK, I can recommend the Skystar 2 for DVB-S (i believe the DVB-S setup we have in NZ is very similair to that of the UK). I have been using a pair of these for almost 2 years now and they have given great reliable service and quality. They work well with MP and there is good support from within the community. There was a thread running regarding after standby problems with the Technotrend S3200 but i'm not sure of the status of this problem now.

Anyways just my experience and i hope it helps with your setup

m

metropolis

Portal Pro
June 1, 2007
Orpington
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
OK, I just bought a Technotrend S3200 DVB-S2, and am just about to buy a satellite dish, with mono block, two LNB's, for DiSEqC 1.0 swithching. Can anybody give me some advice on my forthcoming trials please?

Kind regards,
Kev.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom