Unable to import programs from TVguide.XML (1 Viewer)

abaisley

Portal Member
February 6, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am using TV-server with webepg in the UK. I saw the problems with the radio times guide, so I switched to digiguide.

The xmltv plugin reports that I have imported 36 channels and 1312 programs. However, when I went to the TV Guide in MediaPortal no information showed up.

I have saved the mappings. I also renamed the recordings table in MySQL because I made a recording when I was using the satellite's EPG, an old thread suggested that this might be the root of the problem, but it no effect.

On an earlier occasion it managed to import the programs for E4, but no other channel.

I have attached my log files and tvguide.xml.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

abaisley

Portal Member
February 6, 2009
Home Country
Some more info:

Using MP 1.0.0
Windows XP Professional SP3
AMD 64 CPU

Over night, the scheduled xmltv plugin ran and imported the programs for E4 and E4+1 but no other channels.

Please help.

abaisley

Portal Member
February 6, 2009
Home Country
Still more info:

I have just noticed that the TVguide.XML only contains program details for E4 and E4+1, which explains the lack of other progs.

But why has webepg produced a file that only contains data for 2 channels when 36 are selected? And also why doen't it produce a webepg.log file?

All help still deeply appreciated.

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
I can't help you with your immediate problem as I don't use WEBEPG. All I can report is that I use a program called XMLTVGUI, downloadable from

XMLTV GUI

This works for me every time (obviously you will need to configure it to deposit the guide file wherever you've told MP to find it). I run it every day, using the Radio Times site (although I think it does others) and never have a problem.

What problems did you mean when you referred to the Radio Times guide?

abaisley

Portal Member
February 6, 2009
Home Country
Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go.

I was refering to a problem that arose over the weekend whereby Webepg is failing to import from Radio Times at the mo.

Thanks again, Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom