Unable to load SubtitleDownloader library! (1 Viewer)

gby132

October 11, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi guys,

I've been using SubCentral plugin with Moving Pictures for a while and it worked just fine. However I am now faced with this error whenever I try to select the subtitles option of a movie within Mediaportal.
The error says:

Unable to load SubtitleDownloader library!
Is SubtitleDownloader.dll available?

This error also pops up when I try to access the config of the SubCentral plugin from Mediaportal Config.
I've confirmed that SubtitleDownloader.dll is indeed in the Mediaportal folder (the root mediaportal folder where the exe exists). I've also tried reinstalling Subcentral and SubtitleDownloader to no avail. I've also updated all my plugins in case that was the problem and it is still not working.

Please help :(
attached is the SubCentral log with the error..
Thanks guys

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I got the exact same problem since yesterday. The only thing I've changed to my system (to my knowledge) is that I've installed the MediaBrowser server application and MePo plugin for it but SubCentral was working afterwards. I also installed all of the Windows7 security patches that appeared yesterday if they are somehow part of the problem?

I tried re-installing both SubTitle extensions but get the same error, also trying to launch the settings for SubCentral in MePo Configuration fails with the same error.

I'm at work now, so I can't try this myself, but would removing the SubCentral config files then re-installing the plugin work better, as the log files attached to this thread so far suggests that the plugin is looking for some random .dll file instead of the SubTitleDownloader library .dll?

Emph

Last edited:

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Can you try running MediaPortal / MP Configuration as an Administrator ?

I think this is somehow security related.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Didn't seem to do it for me, but I had little time to try. I'll try more after grocery shopping is over.

Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've tried:

1. Removing all traces of the plugin (config files, log files, not the dlls), then uninstalling it from the Extension manager
    2. Re-installing it from the Extension manager
    3. Opening Configuration (tried both as an administrator and not) and opening SubCentral's configuration (I then get the "Unable to find the library" message the
    first try, then on the second it worked, wtf?)
    4. Uninstalling Media Browser server (I really hope this isn't the culprit though) now.

Running MePo and trying to access the plugin just doesn't work right now and I'm at my wits end. My User Account Control is already at the lowest setting, so I can't do anything about that. It's just so damn weird that the plugin is trying to open weird, non-existend DLL files in the temp folder (according to the logs, is this really something this plugin does do normally?)

Snippet from log file:
    11-Oct-2013 20:02:44.841 Error [ SubCentralCore]: SubtitleDownloader: error getting providers
    System.TypeInitializationException: Ett undantagsfel uppstod för typinitieraren för SubtitleDownloader.Core.SubtitleDownloaderFactory. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Ett undantagsfel har uppstått i målet för en aktivering. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Det gick inte att hitta filen C:\Users\Jörgen\AppData\Local\Temp\gnogjfro.dll.
    Filnamn: C:\Users\Jörgen\AppData\Local\Temp\gnogjfro.dll
    vid System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    vid System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
    vid System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    vid Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromFileBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] fileNames)
    vid Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromSourceBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] sources)
    vid Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeCompiler.CompileAssemblyFromSourceBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] sources)
    vid System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.CompileAssemblyFromSource(CompilerParameters options, String[] sources)
    vid System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, Evidence evidence)
    vid System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)
    vid System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence)
    vid System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.GetSerializersFromCache(XmlMapping[] mappings, Type type)
    vid System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.FromMappings(XmlMapping[] mappings, Type type)
    vid System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapClientType..ctor(Type type)
    vid System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol..ctor()
    vid SubtitleDownloader.si.sublight.www.Sublight..ctor()
    vid SubtitleDownloader.Implementations.Sublight.SublightDownloader..ctor()
    --- Slut på stackspårning för interna undantag ---
    vid System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
    vid System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
    vid System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
    vid System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
    vid SubtitleDownloader.Core.SubtitleDownloaderFactory.CreateDownloaderInstances(IEnumerable`1 downloaderImplementations)
    vid SubtitleDownloader.Core.SubtitleDownloaderFactory..cctor()
    --- Slut på stackspårning för interna undantag ---
    vid SubtitleDownloader.Core.SubtitleDownloaderFactory.GetSubtitleDownloaderNames()
    vid SubCentral.SubCentralCore.LoadSubtitleDownloaderData()
    11-Oct-2013 20:02:44.849 Info [ SubCentralCore]: Initializing plugin handlers
    11-Oct-2013 20:02:44.849 Info [PluginHandlerManager]: Checking for supported plugins...
    11-Oct-2013 20:02:44.868 Info [PluginHandlerManager]: Enabled plugin: Moving Pictures [96742]
    11-Oct-2013 20:02:44.868 Info [PluginHandlerManager]: Enabled plugin: My Videos (Title) [25]
    11-Oct-2013 20:02:44.868 Info [PluginHandlerManager]: Enabled plugin: TVSeries [9811]
    11-Oct-2013 20:02:44.868 Info [PluginHandlerManager]: Unavailable or outdated plugin: MyFilms [7987]
    11-Oct-2013 20:02:44.868 Info [ SubCentralCore]: Initializing custom message receiver
    11-Oct-2013 20:02:44.868 Info [ SubCentralGUI]: Initializing GUI
    11-Oct-2013 20:05:15.896 Error [ SubCentralGUI]: SubtitleDownloader: not available
    11-Oct-2013 20:05:28.060 Error [ SubCentralGUI]: SubtitleDownloader: not available
    11-Oct-2013 20:05:37.555 Error [ SubCentralGUI]: SubtitleDownloader: not available

Please help, the WAF factor is almost gone!
    Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @seco Where are the location(s) where the dll file is supposed to be? Installing it only puts it in the MediaPortal program root folder, am I right?

Emph

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    @seco Where are the location(s) where the dll file is supposed to be? Installing it only puts it in the MediaPortal program root folder, am I right?

Emph

I will PM you a version with a workaround fix. Still I would be really interested what is causing this somehow random issue.

I understand why this TEMP DLL is created and it is totally normal so no need to worry about it, everything related to that is C# core code so nothing I can do about it. Weird thing is that for some reason it is now sometimes missing.

Last edited:

WsQ

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2008
    Kangasala
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I also have this exact problem since yesterday. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. Tried also installing older version, but didn't help. Maybe this has something to do with recent Win7 updates.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Yeah, I'll try to release version 3.0.10 ASAP which fixes the problem.

EDIT: Version 3.0.10 is now available in MP Plugin Repository

Changelog & download

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom