[Bug] Unable to remove languages for which to grab EPG (1 Viewer)

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 svn 28083
MediaPortal Skin: Maya / Avalon HD
Windows Version: Win7 ultimate
CPU Type: Intel E6400 2.13GHz / E6600 2.4GHz
HDD:
Memory: 2GB / 3GB
Motherboard:
Video Card: MSI 8600GT / ATI 3450
Video Card Driver: 266.58 / 10.5
Sound Card: SigmaTel / AMD Hd Audio
Sound Card AC3: spdif / No AC3
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV S2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 5.7 (beta)
2. TV Card: FloppyDTV S2
2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
2. TV Card Driver: 5.7 (beta)
3. TV Card: PCTV 290e
3. TV Card Type: DVB-T
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD10 / PDVD11
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD10 / PDVD11
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Canal Digital Sweden
HTPC Case: Sony VGX-XL302 / VGX-XL301
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Sony RM-MCE20E
TV: Samsung PS50C7705 / LE32A336
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI / HDMI

In TV Server Configuration / DVB EPG / TV Epg grabber (perhaps radio as well, I haven't checked) which languages to grab EPG for can be set. Unfortunately removing a (specific) language once set isn't possible. Removing all by means of presing 'None' works, but unchecking a specific language doesn't remove it.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Enter TV Server Configuration / DVB EPG / TV Epg grabber
2. Select a (or several) language(s) for which to grab EPG
3. Switch to another 'configuration page' and back and confirm that the chosen language(s) are still selected
4. Unselect the language(s)
5. Switch to another 'configuration page' and back and note that the language(s) unselected are in fact still selected

Expected behaviour:

In point 5 above the unselected language(s) should remain so

When checking the 'epgLanguages' field in the 'setting' table of the 'mptvdb' database I notice that the language(s) are correctly added in step 2 above, but when trying to remove language(s) rather than deleting them from the field all of the previously chosen languages are written once again.

The attached logs show the the procedure outlined above.

//Johannes

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Just to be sure - is there any workaround to select only one language? Since if there isn't I would consider this as a showstopper, as it would mean that in dual (or multi) language EPGs it would create EPG data where multiple languages exists. Basicly making the EPG useless.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Tourettes

Yes there is a workaround. Just use the "none" link to remove all previous languages, then select the one the you actually want.

mm

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Error happens because we save selected languages to DB as 3 letter codes (IDs). And in the language list, 3 letter codes repeat. So for example if I select first two languages (Arabic and Bulgarian), next time I open EPG, I will also have 10 other languages selected - Arabic (Saudi Arabia), Bulgarian (Bulgaria), Arabic (Iraq), Arabic (Egypt)... So to properly remove all Arabic languages it's not enough to deselect first in the list (Arabic), but also others that have ID "ara".

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So do you think we should automate that - unticking or ticking all languages with the same code...

mm

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think I've read something a long time ago that this list is somehow provided by Windows, but what's the point in having multiple entries for the same language? I mean, if eg 'Arabic (Iraq)' and 'Arabic (Egypt)' are both mapped to 'ara' wouldn't it make more sense to have only 'Arabic'? (As a side note, in this case it would've been nice to be able to sort that list on the IDs. Also, just FYI, the language I tried to uncheck was 'Danish'.)

//Johannes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom