Unable to start DVD Folder or ISO video Playback on PC (1 Viewer)

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

I've brought this up in the main aMPdroid 0.8 thread two or three times now but it keeps getting buried (guess there's not much call for it :)). This was partly my fault the time before last as it took me WAY to long to get DieBagger the logs he requested :sorry:

Anyhow, my last post here contains the logs produced while testing for the problem.

Just as a quick recap, I have the latest aMPdroid, GMA Web Serivices, WifiRemote and TV4Home all up and running and working well (I said it before but I'll say it again :D for all the hard work on this guys!!!). However the one small issue I have is that while all movies in my movie/ video library are displayed correctly within aMPdroid, I cannot start playback on the PC (not streaming) of movies stored in ISO or DVD folder format (and before you ask, yes they do playback fine within MP :D). The avi's, mkv's, etc I have in my library all playback fine when launched from aMPdroid, it's just the ISO's and DVD folders that are a problem.

I don't know if this is something that can be fixed or not (I seem to remember ipimp having a similar problem too) or whether there is any interest in fixing it but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and all the best,

Mick

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi disastar,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm running StreamedMP but I use MyVideos not Moving Pictures. I think I did test with MP a while back but will do so again just to see.

What happens for me is that the screen goes black but the movie never starts. I can usually press stop and continue to use Mediaportal but occasionally MP just crashes to the desktop. It's the same with ISO's although the logs indicate the situation is different. Logs can be found by clicking the link in my previous post.

Cheers,

Mick.

Edit. Just read you error report. Are you using an external player?

disastar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2010
    Hi disastar,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm running StreamedMP but I use MyVideos not Moving Pictures. I think I did test with MP a while back but will do so again just to see.

What happens for me is that the screen goes black but the movie never starts. I can usually press stop and continue to use Mediaportal but occasionally MP just crashes to the desktop. It's the same with ISO's although the logs indicate the situation is different. Logs can be found by clicking the link in my previous post.

Cheers,

Mick.

Edit. Just read you error report. Are you using an external player?

Strange. I'm using the default MP player, nothing external.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Well I'm at a loss here. Just tried using Moving Pictures and launching from "movies" within aMPdroid and I have the same problem :(

Does anyone any suggestions as to what I can try? I'm out of ideas.

Cheers,

Mick

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry to say, but I've no clue what this might be. If you've an iOS device you might try if it works with CouchPotato, that rules out either WifiRemote or aMPdroid.

I've added it to the list of bugs to look at when DieBagger has some more time.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks Oxan,

I really appreciate your response.

I'm surprised that I seem to be alone on this one :(. A few "me too's" or "it works for me's" would give me an idea of what I'm looking at but hardly a response here or in the main aMPdroid thread made me think I'm missing something really obvious :(

I don't have an iOS device to test with at present but will see what I can do about that.

In the mean time, thanks for adding it to the list.

All the best,

Mick

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm surprised that I seem to be alone on this one :(. A few "me too's" or "it works for me's" would give me an idea of what I'm looking at but hardly a response here or in the main aMPdroid thread made me think I'm missing something really obvious :(
    Well, I guess most people don't have DVD rips. At least I don't ;)

I don't have an iOS device to test with at present but will see what I can do about that.
    Maybe you can give the WifiRemote democlient a try too, but I'm not sure it supports starting playback of items.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Just to close this thread, I had a response from Shukuyen in the WifiRemote thread and he thought it should he possible for this to work but asked DieBagger to confirm. However, the question was either missed or ignored.

Not to worry :). I fully appreciate that with limited development time the lack of demand for this makes it a very very low priority.

The rest of the setup is great except a small intermittent issue I get starting playback from "series" but I'm still investigating that and will start a new thread if/when I can pin it down.

Again, thanks to everyone who works on all of the plugins that make aMPdroid possible. I'm looking forward to seeing how MPextended shapes up. Good luck guys :)

Cheers,

Mick

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi guys,

Quick update on this.

I've upgraded to MPextended and aMPdroid 1 pre-release and have noticed that if I select "play on PC" from the movies list, my DVD folder rips and ISO's start playing just fine. However, if I go into the same movies detail view and select "play on PC" I get the results I've previously reported.

Not sure if this is how it was with 0.8 because I'm don't recall trying to play from the movie list screen or whether you guys have attempted a fix in version 1? Either way just thought I'd mention it.

Also wanted to say thank you for all your great work! Was having a few issues with my HTC Desire (original) but now I've changed to a Desire S everything is working really really well!

Brilliant stuff!

All the best,

Mick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom