Unable to start plugin:ECP2Plugin - SVN build 13562 (1 Viewer)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0 + SVN build 13562
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo wide
    Windows Version: Windows XP Prof. SP2
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 2700+
    HDD: Seagate 200GB ATA100
    Memory: 512MB - DDR 333 (PC3200)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte 7VM400M-RZ
    Motherboard Chipset: VIA KM400
    Motherboard Bios:
    Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon 9550
    Video Card Driver: ATI Radeon v6.4
    Sound Card: On board VIA VT1617
    Sound Card AC3: using 5.1 analog outputs
    Sound Card Driver: VIA Vinyl Audio v6.50a
    1. TV Card: Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver: v 3.50.02
    2. TV Card: DNTVLive! LP DVB-T
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    2. TV Card Driver: v 2.0.0.4
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD 6
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: none
    HTPC Case: custom built
    Cooling: custom built - super quiet
    Power Supply: custom built - 200W
    Remote: MCE - Australian version
    TV: BENQ PB6200 DLP projector
    TV - HTPC Connection: D-sub (15 pin)

I get this error with SVN build 13562 (and the latest builds):-

Code:
    2007-04-01 10:09:13.734375 [ERROR][MPMain]: Unable to start plugin:ECP2Plugin.ECP2Plugin exception:System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: .Config file 'MediaPortal.exe.config' cannot be read successfully due to exception 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
       at System.ConfigServer.RunParser(IConfigHandler factory, String fileName)
       at System.ConfigTreeParser.Parse(String fileName, String configPath, Boolean skipSecurityStuff)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.LoadConfigurationFromXmlFile(String filename)'.
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.LoadConfigurationFromXmlFile(String filename)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.DoConfiguration(String filename, Boolean ensureSecurity)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfiguration.Configure(String filename, Boolean ensureSecurity)
       at ECP2Plugin.ECP2Plugin.Start()
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.Start()

I have the following versions of the ECP plugin (supplied with PVR Scheduler v1.5.5):-

ECPAssembly.dll - ver 1.1.2593.39051 - dated 6/02/2007
    ECP2Plugin.dll - ver 1.0.2567.34969 - dated 11/01/2007

Do these versions need to be re-compiled for the later releases of MediaPortal SVNs?

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    There's been some forking with the ECP2plugin/assembly, but in the source of the original version, I've actually removed the need to find that file. The code to do that is below, but STSC (responsible for the PVRScheduler version) should know how to fix that.

Code:
    System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfiguration.Configure(null, false);

In the time being, if you create a MediaPortal.exe.config file in your MediaPortal folder it should work. I'm surprised that that file is missing, but nonetheless nothing in that file is actually used for this plugin AFAIK.

Sam

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    if you create a MediaPortal.exe.config file in your MediaPortal folder it should work. I'm surprised that that file is missing, but nonetheless nothing in that file is actually used for this plugin AFAIK.

The strange thing is that the file "MediaPortal.exe.config" did/does already exist, so I don't understand why the error message says "'MediaPortal.exe.config' cannot be read successfully due to exception 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified." .... :confused:

This same error occurs on 2 different installations of MediaPortal, with different SVN versions ....

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Try creating a mediaportal.exe.config file in your mediaportal/plugins/process folder.

I copied the MediaPortal.exe.config file into the MediaPortal/pluins/process folder, and still get the error.

I then deleted the contents of the MediaPortal.exe.config file and tried to launch MediaPortal, but MP failed immediately - so it must be finding the file and reading it?

This is the contents of my MediaPortal.exe.config file - does that give any clues as to the source of the error message?

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <configuration>
      <startup>
        <requiredRuntime version="v2.0.50727" />
        <supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727" />
      </startup>
      <runtime>
        <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
          <probing privatePath="plugins/windows" />
        </assemblyBinding>
      </runtime>
      <appSettings>
        <add key="version" value="0.2.2.0-SVN-24.03.2007-22:44:40,23-Build 13562

" />
        <add key="edtftp.log.level" value="ALL" />
      </appSettings>
    </configuration>

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    do you have an old version of that file from a backup? Maybe you could try having that in there instead?

Would also be interesting to find out what actually changed by comparing the two.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have just had a look at the MediaPortal.exe.config file from SVN build 13164 (which does not give the error) and it looks identical, except for the SVN date and build number ... :(

So, I don't think it is the MediaPortal.exe.config file that is the issue ... :confused:

Now I am stumped ... :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom