Unable to start TV config software (1 Viewer)

Keith Lovell

September 11, 2016
Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
I am looking to have simple TV reception from my USB attached TV receiver. Medii Portal 2 is running movies from a hard drive OK but when I try to run the TV setup it gives the attached error.
upload_2016-9-11_16-49-40.png

I have a fresh download of the program from the day before yesterday (9/9/16).

Attached are some logs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    It looks as if you're using an older Database file that has a different MP2 Server than your recent one included:
    [2016-09-11 16:20:07,928] [6994 ] [TVService] [ERROR] - Controller: sorry, master/slave server setups are not supported. Since there is already another server in the db, we exit here.
    Best is to remove the old database and start configuring from scratch. For this stop the MP2 server (with the service monitor in tray area) then go to the hidden folder "c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Database\" (make sure you can see hidden folders in explorer) and move the file "MP2TVE_3.s3db" aside. Then start MP2 server again (with the service monitor in tray area). Now a fresh copy of the database will be generated and you should be able to open the TV config tool.

Keith Lovell

September 11, 2016
    Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for this. I am not sure what you mean by "with the service monitor in tray area". If you can clarify this I will give your solution a try.

Note: I used the current download for MediaPortal 2 to do this install so if the databases are incompatible then the download needs to be repaired?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I am not sure what you mean by "with the service monitor in tray area"
    You definitely should read the Setup Guide first...
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mediaportal-2-installation-and-setup-guides.134034/
    and especially the part about the MP2 components:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...llation-and-setup-guides.134034/#post-1180151

so if the databases are incompatible
    They are not incompatible, but your Servers name might have changed since the last try. Then there is a different address stored in the DB causing those issues. To get rid of the wrong address the most easiest way is to remove the db completely.

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2016
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Any chance this happened after you rebooted without the driver or USB-stick?
    Several days ago I had the same error message and problem, and the last thing I did was uninstall my TV card driver, reboot and try to install an older driver (it refused) and then put the original driver back and reboot.
    So nothing changed, but the TV server did boot once without finding the card, and somehow it got "stuck" in that mode and I was locked out of the TV server config program when I tried to acess it some days after that.

I got it working again after several reinstalls+cleanups, but this was annoying like hell.
    Since you use a stick, I guess you pulled it out and this is how you got here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom