Unable to view or access music shares (1 Viewer)

eeknz

Portal Member
February 19, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have never used ampdroid from before it used the GMA back end. It's running all the new version of everything.
I have MS home server that holds the music, movies, and TV Series.
From the android, I can start and stop TV series and Movies just fine. EPG all works, and after installing a different media player, streaming to the phone works.

Music can see the artist and the albums, but not the shares.
If you tell it to play on the PC, it will eventually fail. MP logs say:

2012-05-04 17:48:40.536292 [ERROR][OVInit(10)]: [OnlineVideos] Failed to create download dir: System.ArgumentException: Path cannot be the empty string or all whitespace.
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path, DirectorySecurity directorySecurity)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
at OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.PluginConfiguration.Load()
2012-05-04 17:49:30.079126 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: BASS: Unable to create Stream for \\andywhs\Music\12 Stones\Anthem For The Underdog\01 Anthem For The Underdog.mp3. Reason: BASS_ERROR_FILEOPEN.
2012-05-04 17:49:30.079126 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: BASS: Unable to play \\andywhs\Music\12 Stones\Anthem For The Underdog\01 Anthem For The Underdog.mp3. Reason: BASS_ERROR_HANDLE.
2012-05-04 17:49:30.082126 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: PlaylistPlayer: *** unable to play - \\andywhs\Music\12 Stones\Anthem For The Underdog\01 Anthem For The Underdog.mp3 - skipping track!

I've added credentials to the GMA for an admin account on the MP PC, which happens to have the same password as the admin account on the home server. This made no change to everything except music working.

The media are all in their own shares (Videos, Music, TVSeries). There are no permission differences between the shares.

Do I need to stop using the BASS player? If so, what should I use instead?
Do I need to give the BASS player some credentials to get access to the shares? As I understand it, only Music uses the BASS player, and it's only Music that isn't working.

Thanks

eeknz

Portal Member
February 19, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Embarrassing update: I notice in the logs I've posted, the files it's looking for are from the Homeserver V1. The name changed when I upgraded to Homeserver 2011. Perhaps I'll try deleting my music database and making a new one so it's at least pointing to a server that exists....
Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom