Unicast streaming outside LAN possible? (1 Viewer)

rafahol

Portal Member
September 30, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi all,

Thanks for this great forum where I found already almost all my information for this great dvb-s software. The question I have is the following:

-> Version of DVBViewer I'm using is 3.9.1.

Inside my appartment I'm able to use the DVBViewer Client after having configured the DVBServer for two tuner cards (dvb-t & dvb-s). In this case it's locally done via the 192.168..... address. My question is the following:

Because of not able to receive the Astra satellite on the balcony of my appartment I was thinking if it was possible to configure the dvbserver/client so that a virtual network unicast device would be detected outside my own network (so via the internet) to a server from a friend which actually can receive the ASTRA. I would set up a server on his place and be able to see his card on my client ( in my house) which would be me give the possibility to "catch" the ASTRA satellite.

The question is thus if the dvbclient program can actually be configured for the use of IP addresses outside your own local network instead of using the 192.168.1.<number> range?

I think Mediaportal with the TVserver could be play a very important role to solve my problem. Do you know if it could be possible to install TVserver outside a LAN and connect Mediaportal Client from another location so I could watch free Astra channels for example.

Thanks for your information already.

Regards,
Rafael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom