[News] Upcoming 1.1.0 RC2 Release (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    We plan to release RC2 in the next few weeks. We have made excellent progress and already nailed a lot of bugs since the release of RC1. We were able to do this because of the excellent help from the community.

On behalf of the Team I wish to thank you all for following the bug report guidelines. We received many excellent bug reports, maybe the best we ever have, and this is what has enabled us to move so quickly. So keep up the great work, you are making me a very happy man!

As a result, we have decided to not create any public SVN snapshots but instead publish RC releases in a short cycle.

As a bonus, we have decided to allow all users of RC1 to upgrade to RC2 and then to the final version of MP 1.1.0. You will not have to do a clean install of MP for the next releases.

Due to the fundamental changes before RC1, any upgrade of earlier versions is not possible.

RC2 is already looking like it will be a very stable release and if we do not encounter any problems, we hope to release MP 1.1.0 soon after. :)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Three cheers for allowing updates. :D I think that will make many users feel much easier about trying and testing RC1 and 2 which can only benefit our final MP 1.1.0 release even more.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    For the record.
    There might even be more RC releases after RC2. Depending on how well it performes.

Updates from "1.1.0 RC1 -> RC2 -> RCx -> final" will be possible. :)

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    That is Fantastic news and Well done to ALL the devs for there dedication and effort.

RC1 is very good on my system and i look forward to RC2 etc etc.

Very good news about being able to upgrade from RC1 too :)

Regards

Kev

FreeFrag

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks a lot guys. I really like the RC1 and haven't encountered any major problems with it yet.
    I am glad to hear about the possibility to upgrade the RC1 to RC2.

Just something strange, the date for this post is set to 26/2 on the MP front page. I just wondered how I could have missed the news until I saw in the forums section that this post was from today. :)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Just something strange, the date for this post is set to 26/2 on the MP front page. I just wondered how I could have missed the news until I saw in the forums section that this post was from today. :)

LOL - our HomePage records the date the Article was first created, not when it was published. Let's just say iloop is always a step ahead of us all! ;)

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Team,

following years in MP... I'm awed with how much your work is involved.. "you all should be proud"

thanks

Vff

btw...how is Line21 going ?... hehehe

BeLLe

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2008
    Great news everyone :)

I hope that the HDtv stutter problem is solved as it's the only problem I've had with RC1

ZealotTC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    thx i just hope the refresh rate stutter problems will be gone in rc2

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom