[News] Upcoming 1.1.0 RC2 Release (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: Upcoming 1.1.0 RC2 Release

Sorry but i dont understand why you release a new RC2 because of *just-a-moment-I-count* about ~25 fixed Bugs in Mediaportal, and ~25 Bugs in TVServer ? The last time there were much more bugs which had to be found and fixed until RC1 was released?
    RC1 is very close to the stable version.

The whole point of additional RCs is to get the last step for the final version done.
    So each RC release could potentially be the final version. And because of that, there are obviously a lot less changes between RCs than Beta -> RC. ;)

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Upcoming 1.1.0 RC2 Release

Sorry but i dont understand why you release a new RC2 because of *just-a-moment-I-count* about ~25 fixed Bugs in Mediaportal, and ~25 Bugs in TVServer ? The last time there were much more bugs which had to be found and fixed until RC1 was released?

:)

Great work!

That's the nature of RCs.
    Normally number of things changed between RC releases decrease while RC version number increases.

grubi.

Lerxst

Portal Member
    April 6, 2009
    Manchester
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Firstly congratulations to all the Dev Team for the RC1 release and to all the testers who have made it possible that we may see a fantastic final release sooner than we expected :D

I'm currently testing RC1 plus StreamedMP and the 5.00 SAF Beta and it's looking really good :eek: With the upgrade path now in place I'm very tempted to rebuild my HTPC to Win 7 and run all the latest versions of my favourite media centre application.

Way to go guys :D

Hetfield

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Really hope this (fast release) will be a boost to MP2 development. In some thread I commented to "stop tuning MP1 soon, move to MP2", got a response "that is our plan", and almost responded back "do it even faster" :) At work we have seen that tuning old program will never end to perfect result, but surprisingly "fast" you are able to build a new one, if there is good platform to build on, and no legacy restrictions.

MP 1.1 release at 2010-04-01 would be a perfect April joke, and MP2 first release for the summer (TV, Videos, Weather, Music, Pictures) :-P

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Really hope this (fast release) will be a boost to MP2 development. In some thread I commented to "stop tuning MP1 soon, move to MP2", got a response "that is our plan", and almost responded back "do it even faster" :) At work we have seen that tuning old program will never end to perfect result, but surprisingly "fast" you are able to build a new one, if there is good platform to build on, and no legacy restrictions.
    While a part of the team is working sole on MP2 (under the lead of Albert), the rest works to get MP 1.1.0 done.
    What happens after that to MP1 still has to be discussed.

As I said - focus will shift to MP2. And i will take care that this really happens.
    The change of my avatar was only the first step. :D

DJ-Studd

Portal Member
    June 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    MediaPortal has come so far..... Loving it.
    RC1 is pretty good, RC2 should about make it perfect for me.

Cheers

Airshark

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2007
    Baden- Württemberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Upcoming 1.1.0 RC2 Release

Thanks very much for this awful piece of software. It is just great! RC1 is just running so stable and fine! Thanks to everyone! :) And the community is so great and very helpfull if u have problems. When RC2 gets out, i will send the developers a little but money to support this superp software! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom