Completed Upgrade Case Silverstone LC18 with new TouchScreen (1 Viewer)

sosh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello folks,

I just want to show you my HTPC upgrade. During the last weeks I've had some spare time and decided to update to Win10. During the upgrade an additional DVB-S2 card was installed.

The key feature of the LC18 Case was the integrated touchscreen. (over 15 years ago :rolleyes:) But the resolution was quiet low (800x480) and only VGA input was available.
    By the way, i'am a huge fan of the MPDisplay++ plugin.
    I've strugglet alot to get the old Touchscreen running under Win10 so i decided to look out for a new one.

I was very happy to find a Touchsrceen that nearly fitted perfectly into the case. (the supplier is Beetronics). Only some little mechanical modification was necessary at the alloy front of the HTPC:
    20210305_194954.jpg

Finaly the new Touchscreen looks good in the Case and works fine with Win10:
    20210402_101712.jpg

Have a nice Easter Holiday!
    Best Regards
    Sebastian

Patrik-See

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Du hast auf dem Touchmonitor eine andere Auflösung als am PC.
    Spielt das unter Windows 10 eine Rolle?
    Kannst du das Media Portal trotzdem auch über den Touchmonitor steuern ohne den Fernseher an zu haben?

Oder dient der nur der Optik was du mit der Fernbedienung steuerst?

-------------
    You have a different resolution on the touchmonitor than on the PC.
    Does that play a role under Windows 10?
    Can you still control the Media Portal via the touchmonitor without having the TV on?

Or is it only for the visuals that you control with the remote control?

sosh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hallo Patrik-See,
    Windows can handle different resulutions on the Screens, Of course the Setup is in "extended Mode" so the small Touchscreen is the Main screen and the TV is the extended Screen.

Typically I use the the HTPC to listen to Music or Radio, therefore i use the "old" Winamp. The winamp can be easily started and controlled using the Touchscreen. So my TV is normally off.

Only when watching TV /OnlineVideos I use MediaPortal and start the TV. Then i do the control of Mediaportal with the M$ remote. the Touchscreen then shows additional Infos with the MPDisplay++ plugin.

Best regards and happy Easter holidays
    Sebastian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom