Completed Upgrade time, help and advice needed (1 Viewer)

Bigtime5001

January 7, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

need some advice if u dont mind before I take the plunge, my current setup is as follows:

Case: Chenbro Mozart
Mbd: Intel D965WGH
Ram: Samsung 2gb 2600 DDR2
CPU: Intel core 2 Duo 1.86
Hdd: 3X WD 500GB SATA RE2 16MB Cache
Video: ATI Radeon x600
Tuner: Hauppage HVR1300
Media Centre Remote
O/S: Windows XP Pro running latest SVN of Media Portal
32" Sharp Aquos Lcd

Think thats all of it....lol

Now I have decide to do a fresh install on the machine and whilst I am at it put everything In a nice shiny new case. Only problem I just Cant decide on the best case to get.

My current case is a little on the large size and would prefer something smaller I have looked at the Antec Fusion which looks like a good choice, ok yes I know I would have to change my Mbd to a Micro-ATX but I cant see that realy being a problem.

From what I read on the net the fusion has no built in support for the Microsoft remote does anyone know if this is correct ?

Also what do people think about using optical for the sound to an amp, currently I run from the onboard optical output to my AV reciever. Am I going to notice any difference if I change to a mbd that does not have the optical out ?

Sorry if this was a little long winded but thanks for any help and suggestions :D

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
I looked at the fusion as well, from what I read it does not have an IR receiver, just a vfd and there is no room for a IR receiver - there are some reviews on the web but cant remember the URL's. The IR support it seems is for the remote IR receiver that comes with the MCE cards.

Trevor

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As I bought the Fusion a couple of weeks ago: No, there isn't any IR-receiver build in.

A nice review I bookmarked can be found here.

Am I going to notice any difference if I change to a mbd that does not have the optical out ?
    I couldn't recognize any difference between optical and SP/DIF.

Bigtime5001

January 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanx for the reply guys,

I have nearly made my mind up on this, looks like if I go for the antec fusion, I am going to have to change my mbd to an Intel d965OT. Still abit dubious about going to a smaller case but we will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom