Upgrade to support HDTV, HDDVD & Blu-Ray (2 Viewers)

If you were planning to upgrade your HTPC to support HDTV, HDDVD & Blueray would you

• Need to upgrade the CPU, Motherboard, Memory & Graphics Card

Votes: 218 29.9%
  • I would just need to upgrade my PCIe x16 Graphics Card

Votes: 167 22.9%
  • I would consider looking for a cost effective PCI hardware decoding solution.

Votes: 276 37.9%
  • I would consider looking for a cost effective PCIe x1 hardware decoding solution.

Votes: 213 29.2%
  • Other - please state in reply.

Votes: 51 7.0%

• Total voters

soberdor

Portal Member
October 21, 2007
BluRay support in Mediaportal

... too bad, that there'll be no native BluRay support in Mediaportal. Wouldn't it at least be possible to integrate p.e. PowerDVD functionality without all that manual config, maybe as an option during deployment? Or even, are there maybe BluRay Players that can be programmatically integrated in an open source app? Just dreaming ...

By the way, I tried the PowerDVD workaround - it didn't work out for me smoothly on a second display (projector). Any comments/hints concerning this setting would be desperately appreciated :D

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ... too bad, that there'll be no native BluRay support in Mediaportal. Wouldn't it at least be possible to integrate p.e. PowerDVD functionality without all that manual config, maybe as an option during deployment? Or even, are there maybe BluRay Players that can be programmatically integrated in an open source app? Just dreaming ...

By the way, I tried the PowerDVD workaround - it didn't work out for me smoothly on a second display (projector). Any comments/hints concerning this setting would be desperately appreciated :D

uiiiihh thats bad - couse i wanna have that blueray also working for me with my projector (720p)
    AND my 6.3" front-display in my HTPC-enclosure (Dual-view)

is that a HDCP / HDMI problem ?
    couse i am using "only" VGA for the 720p ...

or are there also no sources for playing a BlueRay with less than FullHD - over VGA with no HDCP?

i am a newbee with all that HD-stuff in "what, needs what" to make it run under MePo ...

i am more a hardware-smith then a software developer :D

da-anda

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've got the same problem - I'm cloning my HTPCs output to both video-ports of my graphics card to be able to use MP on TV and on a projector. But as far as I found out, the Blu-Ray specification only allows to be shown on 1 device at a time - regardless if digital or analog.
    But as the BD encryption has now been "hacked" by a DOOM9 member, I'm looking forward to see native BD support in MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom