Upgrade to windows 10 everything says "all cards busy" (1 Viewer)

DG0129

November 7, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Being the last day to upgrade to windows 10 for free I decided to finally give it a go last night and see if I can get something else working to replace media center. About a year ago when windows 10 came out I tried installing both KODI and Mediaportal 1.10 but I couldn't get either working easily so I decided to not upgrade to 10. I only mention in case this is relevant to my problem. I un-installed 1.10 and KODI and yesterday I installed mediaportal 1.15. I also installed the latest windows 10 drivers for my Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250. When I go to scan for channel it tells me no signal on everything and nothing appears to detect channels. When I add channels manually to my digital tuner under TV mapping and then go to test every message just says "all cards busy" I've seen this message in a couple of other places. Before trying media portal I also tried to use the WMC hack v12 which I couldn't get working with my card(again no channels would show up in live TV". Everything was working before I upgraded to windows 10 and I still have another Windows 8 PC I can throw this stuff into, but I would really like to get media portal working. Any suggestions or ideas on why my card doesn't seem to be working anymore? One other thing I just noticed under my available cards is that it says Hauppauge WInTV-7164 BDA ATSC/QAM Tuner. I'm not sure why it says this when mine is a 2250 or if that is normal?

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome back :)

When I go to scan for channel it tells me no signal on everything and nothing appears to detect channels.
    We need more information to enable us to help you. Specifically:
    1. TV Server log files:
      1. Open TV Server Configuration.
      2. Click "open log directory" in the top left corner.
      3. Zip/compress all the files in that folder.
      4. Attach ("upload a file") the zip file to your reply.
    2. Do you have digital cable ("clear QAM"), analog cable (unlikely these days), ATSC digital terrestrial (received with an aerial), or a combination?
    3. If you have digital cable, which frequency plan did you select to scan? (As explained in the wiki/manual, you should normally select QAM Standard". Lots of people don't do that and wonder why they have problems... ;) )
    Before trying media portal I also tried to use the WMC hack v12 which I couldn't get working with my card(again no channels would show up in live TV".
    It's possible that the WMC hack may be the reason MediaPortal's TV Server is not working.

One thing I do know with certainty: your tuner can only be used/controlled by one program at any given time. So, if you want to use MediaPortal's TV Server, you must first close WMC and any other tuner-related software you've installed (Hauppauge WinTV?), then restart MediaPortal's TV Server (see TV Server Configuration -> manual control section).

One other thing I just noticed under my available cards is that it says Hauppauge WInTV-7164 BDA ATSC/QAM Tuner. I'm not sure why it says this when mine is a 2250 or if that is normal?
    This is normal.

DG0129

November 7, 2015
    Home Country
    First off thanks for the response and help.

1) Attached
    2) I am only using over the air ATSC digital terrestrial (Los Angeles area if that matters) no cable involved
    3) No digital Cable

Also I did uninstall the Media Center hack as well as any other TV Tuner/Recording software.

Oddly enough I haven't changed anything, but I got home and starting putting this together and when I went back to TV configuration I hit preview again on a channel and it got sound only with no picture. I then reloaded MediaPortal (Client?) and now my channels are working. I still don't have schedule, but I will do some searching through the wiki to see if I can figure that part out. Thanks again for the help.
    --- Post updated ---
    So I'm not sure if I should reload my zip files again, but I have it about half working. I was able to pick up the scheduling for some of my channels via the guide and I'm pretty sure I can get all the ones I want. The issue I have now is that only certain channels work. Channel 2(CBS) and Channel 4(NBC) work fine, but when I go to channel 5 (CW) or Channel 7 (CW) or Channel 11(Fox) I get a "No Free cards available" error. I can switch back and forth between 2 and 4 as much as I want though.

Attachments

• TVService-Error.zip
      94.3 KB
    Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    First off thanks for the response and help.
    No problem - that's what we're here for. :)

1) Attached
    Okay, so for the "no signal on everything" part of the equation...
    I think this may be because something you did caused TV Server to load the analog side of the tuner. HVR-22** tuners are hybrid tuners, which means you can't access/use the analog and digital sides of the tuner simultaneously. To resolve this I recommend you either disable the analog tuners if you don't intend to use them, or else configure TV Server to handle your tuners correctly (as explained in the wiki -->here<--).

By the way, I can see that you often only let TV Server scan the first 10 or so out of 68 [physical] channels. Because virtual channels don't necessarily map to the corresponding physical channel (eg. ABC 2.1 is broadcast on physical channel 43 in your area), I recommend that you always let the scan all the way through.

For the "all cards busy" part of the equation...
    You are/were getting this message because the channels you're trying aren't linked to any tuners as described in the wiki -->here<--. This can be resolved by mapping all your channels to both of your tuners.

I hit preview again on a channel and it got sound only with no picture.
    Don't worry about this. For reasons that are technical and time-consuming to explain, it's better to test with MediaPortal and avoid using preview.

The issue I have now is that only certain channels work. Channel 2(CBS) and Channel 4(NBC) work fine, but when I go to channel 5 (CW) or Channel 7 (CW) or Channel 11(Fox) I get a "No Free cards available" error. I can switch back and forth between 2 and 4 as much as I want though.
    Please provide new log files for this.

DG0129

November 7, 2015
    Home Country
    Mapping channels to both tuners was the problem I had only mapped those 2 channels to one of the tuners. Everything else wasn't mapped I guess I missed that part. Thanks again for the help.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @felixbbb031
    From the Windows application event log, it looks like you can't start TV Server because you chose to remove the TV Server database engine (MySQL):
    [collapse]
    "9/18/2016 8:07:36 PM";"Microsoft-Windows-RestartManager";"(0)";"Information";"Shutting down application or service 'MySQL'.";"10002"
    "9/18/2016 8:07:39 PM";"MsiInstaller";"(0)";"Information";"Product: MySQL Server 5.6 -- Removal completed successfully.";"11724"
    "9/18/2016 8:07:39 PM";"MsiInstaller";"(0)";"Information";"Windows Installer removed the product. Product Name: MySQL Server 5.6. Product Version: 5.6.10. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Oracle Corporation. Removal success or error status: 0.";"1034"
    "9/18/2016 8:07:39 PM";"MsiInstaller";"(0)";"Information";"Ending a Windows Installer transaction: {56DA0CB5-ABD2-4318-BEAB-62FDBC9B12CC}. Client Process Id: 1256.";"1042"
    "9/18/2016 8:36:59 PM";"TV Server";"(0)";"Error";"Service cannot be started. Error: DatabaseUnavailableUnclassified Gentle.Common.GentleException: The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached.
    [/collapse]

It's no surprise that TV Server can't start without a database. ;)

felixbbb031

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2011
    ..tu iza čoška
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Oh, I am sorry. Problem is that I sent an error log after I deinstall mysql instead of sent it before,due to problems. I tried reinstalling a mysql database but no joy...still. Sorry ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom