Upgrading from MediaPortal 1.0.2 (1 Viewer)

yossis

Portal Member
September 19, 2009
Home Country
Israel Israel
Hi, I'm planning an upgrade to the new version of MediaPortal (1.1.0) and to the latest plugin. For MediaPortal, the upgrade instructions recommends to uninstall and re-install.
After re-installation of MP can I simply copy the plugin database and thumbs and expect everything to work?

Thanks
Yossi

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi, I'm planning an upgrade to the new version of MediaPortal (1.1.0) and to the latest plugin. For MediaPortal, the upgrade instructions recommends to uninstall and re-install.
    After re-installation of MP can I simply copy the plugin database and thumbs and expect everything to work?

Thanks
    Yossi

I did the same.

Simply backup the MediaPortal data and program folder to a backup location, and fully uninstall everything. Make sure all MediaPortal folders are totally empty, to ensure no old setting gets reused wrong. Then install MediaPortal v1.1, go through all the settings (it's a pain, but ensures no troubles later I found). Then install latest MP-TVSeries, but do not configure it. Copy over the mp-tvseries.db3 database and the related thumbs folder and then enable the plugin and verify all the settings (there are some new ones).

Should all work fine then (as it did for me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom