USB TV Card XML (1 Viewer)

mccay_a

Portal Pro
April 16, 2009
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
I have used many Nova TD PCI cards before but now i have purchased USB devices for my hubs

I own two

Nove TD usb and Win TV duet.

Both Devices show as single device under mediaportal instead of dual card. actually both show as WinTV mod 7700.

How do i get both to work as dual cards

I am assuming XML file, but i cannot find it, ( change from diversity to dual ? )

Regards, mccay_a

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Have you installed the latest drivers from Hauppauge's website?
    If not, I recommend you do that.
    If you still have problems, please can you:
    1. Take a screenshot of the tuner list in TV Server configuration. Make sure to stretch the window as far as possible, ideally so we can see the "device path" column in full as well as the name and type.
    2. Take a screenshot of the list of hardware in Windows device manager. Please make sure to expand the "Sound, video and game controllers" list in (where I presume the tuners would be listed).
    3. In TV Server configuration, click "open log directory" in the top left corner. Zip up all the files in that folder.

Please post/attach the two screenshots and zip file here.

Cheers,
    mm

mccay_a

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I actually have two cards ( Win TV Duet and WinTV nova TD, but both show up as same in mediaportal ( mod7700 ) ( although both are the same device - Nova TD 500 USB

Here is what you requested

http://htpcservices.com/drop/htpc.rar

P.S - I am in control of my media, but I always recommend that you run a virus scan on any download links I provide for your safety

Regards, HTPCS

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for providing the info.
    It looks like you're absolutely correct - it appears like Windows is seeing both USB sticks, but MP only sees two tuners from one of the sticks (or maybe one tuner from each) - and this has me puzzled...
    There is no XML file to mess with, and you shouldn't have to do anything special to see the four tuners.
    I suspect there must be a driver limitation (ie. you can only have one of these tuners per PC) or trick.

Have you had all four tuners working in any other software?
    Again, are you using the latest drivers from Hauppauge's website?
    http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/support/support_all.html?prod=22
    (see the drivers tab)
    What is this "diversity"/"dual" mode that you mentioned in the first post?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom