USBUIRT not being recognized (1 Viewer)

RaGeFeAr

Portal Member
October 7, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Since installing 1.5 and now 1.6 I cannot get MP to recognize my USBUIRT. I have the latest drivers, the unit gets installed everytime I unplug it and replug it into the computer. However, when I go into the USBUIRT menu, MP doesn't show any of the device API, dll, or driver versions and when I tell it to use my remote to control mediaportal it just locks up the configuration and I have to restart the PC to get back into it. I can't even end the process tree or process in the resource monitor. Any thoughts? An odd thought, the USBUIRT is installed in the Univeral Serial Bus Controllers of the device manager... is that correct? thanks

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Are you using the USBUIRT to receive input from your remote control, or are you using it to try to change the channel on a cable/satellite box you are recording from?

If you're trying to control the MP client / UI, there is a debug/advanced mode specific to the in the MP Client config that I found to more-or-less work, however it was rather flakey at times, so I eventually just replaced both the remote and USBUIRT with this:

http://www.amazon.com/Azend-Group-M...F8&qid=1388855928&sr=8-13&keywords=mce+remote

It seems to perfectly emulate the original MCE remote and required no real setup at all to get going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom