USBUIRT Plugin issue (1 Viewer)

JonnyCam

Portal Member
January 27, 2006
AFter I have set up my USBUIRT within MP - I wanted to test it - unfortunately it does not seem to work on my system. I can use the USBUIRT through Girder, and through GBPVR using their plugins.

The MP plugin recognises the device, shows the firmware (5.9) and the plugin version (1.1) and allows me to learn the STB commands - but when changing channels, the red transmit light on the USBUIRT does not go, and it doesnt change my channels.

Has anyone else has this issue? HOw did they solve it? Is there an external version of the USBUIRT plugin which I may be able to use?

Thanks

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I have a USBUIRT and I have driver 1.15 dataed Dec 26, 2005. I can't seem to find that driver on my pc, I would check the offical web site forums. I don't know if this will fix the issue, but you should at least be up on the latest verion. I have no problems with my UIRT. Does it work for other keys besides changing channels? I do not use the TV part of MP, so I cannot test this. Everything else works just fine for me. I am using a Radio Shack 2117 remote.

JonnyCam

Portal Member
    January 27, 2006
    Thanks fro your quick reply. I'll go and see what I can regarding new drivers for UIRT.

I dont use it for any remote control functions - as I have an RF remote, but need this to change my channels ony my cable box so I dont keep recording the same channel!

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    The most current MP USBUIRT plugin version is 1.15 (December 26, 2005). I'm not sure what the latest USBUIRT firmware version is as the firmware download link on usbuirt.com is broken. However, I'm running fw version 5.9 (March 26, 2004) and everything is working fine.

Steve

JonnyCam

Portal Member
    January 27, 2006
    Thanks - I just downloaded the latest CVS as I see that you have been doing some improvments on how the plugin operates etc.

I was not sure what version of MP I was using before (except for the fact it was 0.2 RC2 - but cant remember when I downloaded it)

I'll let you know how i get on.
    Thanks

Alander

Portal Member
    November 7, 2004
    Just to let you know that I saw on the usbuirt website that there is the 1.4 drivers out - I can't easily find whats noted as changed but mediaportal configuration doesn't detect the device when using those drivers.

jeffgraham01

March 11, 2006
    Can antbody give me a link to download the older version firmware that will work? I can not find anything butv1.4 which doesnt appear to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom