[solved] Use Fanart Handler for slideshow in now playing (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Had idea, because forum users requesting picture slideshows in now playing.

Users can have photo slideshow in now playing screen. Doesn't require any changes to skins as they already have the controls in now playing screen. You would need to be able to increase the transition speed and control the transition speed for this item (when enabled) separately. Selected fanart is still shown as per usual as it uses separate skin controls.

Perhaps this setting could be toggle-able within the skin, so you could have a enable picture slideshow in the now playing context menu....

cul8er.png

I also thought that since you are scanning the my pictures database might as well also have an option to substitute random picture for missing fanart. Although this is just an add on idea.

Last edited:

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Good idea, think it would also need the option to choose which sub folders to include from within the mypictures folder though, You don't want your Pron popping up in the middle of a party do you.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    I ask for this feature .. over 2 years ego :(
    let's hope this time our voice will be heard (y)

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi ajs,
    this request is something, that will be great to see in FH plugin, sooner the better :whistle:
    :coffee::coffee::coffee:....:D

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    this request is something, that will be great to see in FH plugin, sooner the better
    I agree, but the plugin is designed so that so that he did, he should be good to break. But if it is broken, then it must be understood. I do not understand it yet. For myself, I did so. In the windows, customized screensaver for 3 minutes, and pointed it a photo, and when the music plays, he shows them to me.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Looked remake plugin you can, but then you need all the files or images loaded into the database :cool:, or at each start scanning the folder with pictures (may take a long time) :coffee:. In this case, the picture will not as a slideshow, but as a backdrop :confused:. Simply configure the screensaver in the OS :). Or run a slideshow by hands. :D[DOUBLEPOST=1420533036][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Good idea, think it would also need the option to choose which sub folders to include from within the mypictures folder though, You don't want your Pron popping up in the middle of a party do you.
    One problem, today I want to watch my children are grow up, and tomorrow I want to look like I was resting on the seas and oceans.[DOUBLEPOST=1420533156][/DOUBLEPOST]
    option to substitute random picture for missing fanart. Although this is just an add on idea.
    Symlink any folder with pictures in user folder for music ("thumbs\Skin FanArt\UserDef\music\"), in theory will solve this problem.:coffee:

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    @kiwijunglist @Shangostar @ysmp
    Images from Pictures folders should fall to the tags #fanarthandler.music.backdrop1.play, #fanarthandler.music.backdrop2.play. Or new tags? If this, then I can do. If a new I just can do, but it will be necessary to alter the skins to support new tags.
    What do you think about this?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Perhaps this setting could be toggle-able within the skin, so you could have a enable picture slideshow in the now playing context menu....
    This I do not know how to do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom