User design feedback (1 Viewer)

akayani

Portal Pro
August 8, 2015
Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
I read up on .crud it's not that. Damned if I know what I did between 5-6 PM to cause this. All I can think of now is to clean the registry.

akayani

Portal Pro
August 8, 2015
Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
Drrr... deleted PROGRAM DATA not APP DATA. That's what happens when you start with a panic about missing Monday night TV the only night when there is anything worth watching on in Australia.

In the process I tried Kode again... yuck, didn't work and nor did the software that comes with this card.

I think there should be an option on uninstall to remove program data. If there is one I missed it.

And I looked at all the skins again. I really think that is where the most improvements can be made. There are bits of great in each of the skins. It's really a case of stripping out all the guff and getting back to a more solid really basic structure. Most of the techniques needed are in one or another theme. But they are all built from a starting point that was quite there.

It's like they started with something that didn't have perfect usability and then hacked it based on favoritism rather than a design document.

I think that is what I should do for you guys rather than try to learn C#. I'll do a set of screen grabs and write it up as a PDF. You guys must have talked about skinning this in xhtml, css and javaScript? It looks like messy work in the programming language.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi,
    Partly it's quite hard to follow your words and honestly I'm after reading all your posts not 100% sure what you want to reach or achieve. Feedback is welcome and I'd like to understand all of your points. Perhaps it's also me, because I'm not native English.

You mentioned that all skins have some good points, but seem not like completed. After reading your PDF I have some clues, but since you jump between different Mp2 skins and WMC and concentrate only on some issues I do not see the complete picture.
    What are the things you actually like and dislike in the MP2 skins?

Just some feedbacks about the new skins and themes.
    • Apollo One skin was started and is far not completed, so many features can not be used.
    • BlueVision is under development, especially some usability improvements will follow in next version. In the discussion thread all planned features are listed up. Some points depend changes in the code and take time due to lack of Developers. Main problem for me is, that I'm a designer with not good coding skills and limited time.
    The other skins are finished. Your comments about the basic skin I can understand. The buttons are intuitively not understandable.

So thanks for your interest in MP2, but I'd like to see some more specific positive and negative examples, which I can take for my future work :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom