Using external TV programs (1 Viewer)

zeflash

Portal Pro
July 7, 2005
Home Country
France France
... And yet having MP handling recordings & guide, because it looks & handles better.

For instance, the latest dvbviewer has this COM interface that enables control on mostly all the aspects of the program, including recordings.
I don't want to be too harsh on dvb-s support in MP, but the one in dvbviewer works, very well indeed.
But I don't like their guide & recording menus / general handling.

On the programming point of view it would mean to define an interface to be used between the GUI of MP & a TV module, which would have functions like channel up, channel down, record (channel, time interval) etc.
This way one could use the default TV module of MP, or multiple wrappers that would control an external app.

Thoughts on that?

Edit:
well it doesn't start well, as soon as dvbviewer starts, MP closes up itself (cleanly, as I can see in the log, it's not a crash of anything).
I'm puzzled. why the hell does it do that!

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

zeflash said:
    well it doesn't start well, as soon as dvbviewer starts, MP closes up itself (cleanly, as I can see in the log, it's not a crash of anything).

this is because both programs want to lay there hands on the tv card. At this point they conflict with each other and crash.

Flip

zeflash

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2005
    Home Country
    France France
    FlipGer said:
    Hi,

zeflash said:

this is because both programs want to lay there hands on the tv card. At this point they conflict with each other and crash.

Flip

Well, I removed the capture card definition from the configuration, I also tried to remove MyTV from the loaded plugins, and it still closes up when dvbviewer launches.

So, either it's still a conflicting access to the TV card resource, and in this case the code in MP should be fixed because I'm not telling it to even use the TV card, or it's something else.

Of course trying it out on a PC without a TV card works fine. I'll post something about itin the dev forum so it can be fixed sometimes in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom