Using MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

May 11, 2013
Home Country
Mauritius Mauritius
Thinking of my advanced age, 76, and the few avenues left to explore, I have just read about MediaPortal and installed it. But, it will need extra hardware to make it work, and I have not the first clue as to what and where to obtain such. You need to believe me when I say that this time last year, I had heard of, but never handled a computing machine, and here I am using one.
I also need to tell you that my tv service is cable and Virgin Tivo, so I will need to be guided accordingly. Is there one person out there who will be willing to guide this old man? My objective is recording TV on this PC.

jehe

Portal Pro
February 15, 2011
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hey old man;) ,

First of all, welcome to mediaportal.

I do not. Know the details of your provider
Your provider uses a smartcard to decrypted scrambeld channels?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Please tell us

1. What TV provider / service you will be using, or you could tell us what hardware you are currently using to watch tv

2. What city / country you live in

3. What computer hardware you currently have (Most importantly: CPU / Motherboard / Video Card / Ram)

Last edited:
    May 11, 2013
    Home Country
    Mauritius Mauritius
    Please tell us

1. What TV provider / service you will be using, or you could tell us what hardware you are currently using to watch tv

2. What city / country you live in

3. What computer hardware you currently have (Most importantly: CPU / Motherboard / Video Card / Ram)

1)My TV provider is VirginMedia, a cable service providing me with Tivo, through the same cable that supplies my phone and broadband services
    2)Plymouth/U.K
    3) AMD Phenom ll x6 1075T Processor 3.00GHz
    3)32.0 GB of Memory
    4)M5A97 Asus Motherboard
    5)Radeon HD6870 Graphics card

This was built for me by a dear old friend, as a special favour, before he moved North. Any hardware I would need would have to be, if possible, external, as I do not have a lot of room inside the box.
    With all that in mind, any help at all, at all, would be welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom