Using My Netflix in UK or Ireland (1 Viewer)

ianc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Netflix have just launched in Ireland and UK and I'm trying to get the My Netflix plugin to work.

It installed on and authorised with Netflix ok
    But the screens are all over the place. I suspect the layouts or APIs for the UK/I services are different.

Is there anything I can to to help others to "tune" it :)

I

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I was going to open an account too. Will wait until this plugin supports UK accounts then.

+1 for UK support

Thanks

Traffik

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2010
    Yeah +1 for UK support. Ive just signed up for the free month trial and have everything all set up in MP for it to work, except the plugin is all messed up like the OP says.

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    Can the developer for this plugin confirm if mynetflix (or v2) will work with the UK Netflix service in the future, and if so how far out we are talking - weeks, months etc?

Thanks

bob808

Steven McKenna

February 22, 2012
    Home Country
    England England
    Found a solution which you are more than welcome to try AT YOUR OWN RISK as it involves MyNetFlix 2.0 Alpha,

Follow the instructions to to install MyNetFlix 2.0 Alpha including setting up a MyReelTalk account

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...lpha-trial-version-for-those-who-dare.102229/

Register your netflix account in myreeltalk. MyReelTalk is designed to work with US Netflix so instead of adding films to your watch list add them to your favourites movies list. Obviously you have to check if they are available in UK netflix.

It only comes with a default skin but as I use StreamedMP I just dropped the skin file into my StreamedMP skin folder and it worked fine.

The only issue I have is that the fanart does not appear to be working so if anyone can figure that one out please let me know.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    I was thinking of trialling Netflix, especially since cashback is available, but it's a bit pointless if Netflix UK doesn't work on MediaPortal. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom