Using My Netflix in UK or Ireland (1 Viewer)

Traffik

Portal Pro
January 13, 2010
Im happy to admit that I know nothing about programming and I appreciate ALL the effort and work that goes into creating MP and these plugins.
But PLEASE someone for the love of god PLEASE make a UK compatible Netflix plugin PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAASSSE!!!!

Kevin Andrews

July 20, 2012
South West England
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Im happy to admit that I know nothing about programming and I appreciate ALL the effort and work that goes into creating MP and these plugins.
But PLEASE someone for the love of god PLEASE make a UK compatible Netflix plugin PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAASSSE!!!!

New here so be patient. I am UK based and having looked at most applications designed to worked with Netflix, ALL are aimed at the US users.
So i've now signed up for the Netflix developer account and now two projects are underway, WMCFlix (Windows Media Center) and MPFlix (MediaPortal), both designed for UK users.

Once i have a working beta i will post for testers.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
Great news but I now have Sky so... :D

Hopefully the plugin will be ready by the time my discount ends next year! ;)

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    This is fantastic news. I have a UK Netflix account and would be happy to help with testers.

Thanks

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011

New here so be patient. I am UK based and having looked at most applications designed to worked with Netflix, ALL are aimed at the US users.
    So i've now signed up for the Netflix developer account and now two projects are underway, WMCFlix (Windows Media Center) and MPFlix (MediaPortal), both designed for UK users.

Once i have a working beta i will post for testers.

Would really love to see this.

LoLander

Portal Member
    January 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Interesting read erichzann. Once opened, can one navigate Netflix via remote?

I just started using MyNetflix 1.4.1. It's search still works, although it includes DVD's. Instants can be added to a watch queue and it looks good in native MP. Most of the other menu's are broken and return zero results. But, it launches IE, Firefox or chrome in fullscreen(F11) on my secondary monitor in a dualscreen setup. Sadly no Netflix controle at this time, since Silverlight is not selected, so f does not send it to fullscreen. Here AutoHotkey saved the day. It allowed me to set-up a mouse click on the exact spot where Netflixplayer needs to Maximize or a click on silverlight and f (fullscreen). From there my remote can forward, rewind, pause and kill(Alt-F4) Netflixplayer. AutoHotkey also solved a MCE remote volume issue I had for years!!! I can now control my volume in any app with my remote. Took me a while to get to this point, trying Microsoft Media Center (Seems US locked), XBMC (Launches, but no video), Netflix Viewer (Only works on my primary monitor. It has a option for secondary monitor, but then I once again don't get video.), Plex (doesn't want to login to Netflix), (MyNetflix 2ALPHA (needs an non-existent service called myreeltalk to work.), MyNetflix 1.4.1 with custom viewer (does not support dualscreen set-up's). I still need to do a mayor clean-up of all the installed prograns, plugins and tools. :(

Next I want to strip out the bad menu items from my 1.4.1 install (xml skin files) and hope to get my hands on the 1.4.1 source code to mod the searches to exclude DVD's. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1346214036][/DOUBLEPOST]spacemanc, if you have a single screen set-up, have you tried "Netflix Viewer"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom