Using reflection for GUIControlFactory (1 Viewer)

NoMoDo

Portal Member
September 9, 2004
Israel
I think most of it is fine, except that FilmStrip is fed up?

EDIT

I'm pretty sure that's that, because I did FilmStrip last, and all the others I've tested for equality.
I'll fix the filmstrip.cs and resubmit it to sourceforge tonight.

please take note that Spin Control (like in Music to switch views) also does not scale, but that is a problem with your original scaling code for the control!
It's the same problem wether you use my patch or not (the left and right arrows are "squashed up" in a high resolution).

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    cool, thx a lot
    i'll commit the patch to cvs as soon as you uploaded the filmstrip fixes & the 3partbutton

Frodo

Mars Warrior

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2004
    Airy Crater, Mars
    Home Country
    frodo said:
    Here it also takes about 5 seconds total before MP is fully running
    I think 5 seconds from mouseclick to fully running is very acceptable.
    Question is why it takes sooo long on your Mars Warrior's pc while its very fast on my & joe daltons pc??

(my pc is a simple 1.8GHz / 512MB / onboard geforce4)
    Nice that everybode is now sooooooooooo concerned about my performance :shock:

Your excuse about a simple PC is easily beaten by my configuration: A 1GHz PIII with 512MB ram and a GF2-GTS video card...

I hope though to have a new configuration within a few weeks which should be MUCH, MUCH faster. The ASUS mobo & Athlon 64 are already lying on the table waiting for a case, 160GB Samsung HD, 150MCE, DVD drive etc. And, if I buy the rest not second hand but new, the total price will still be less than 600 euro BTW, nice huh??

Well nuf said about the slowlyness of my current HTPC / Development PC.
    I'm glad that the proposed change / work by our-contact-in-Israel (sorry, read/seen to many Bond films...) is approved, just-in-time before live gets in the way in Israel and Frodo will be looking for new idea's for an underwater skin for MP :wink:

And just out of curiosity Frodo: Ever been among sharks during a dive trip??

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Frodo: Ever been among sharks during a dive trip??
    I must have been, although I never saw sharks myself I bet they saw/sensed me;-)

who knows, maybe the next 3 weeks
    (i'm going on holiday tomorrow to the philipines for 3 weeks diving)

Frodo

Mars Warrior

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2004
    Airy Crater, Mars
    Home Country
    frodo said:
    Frodo: Ever been among sharks during a dive trip??
    I must have been, although I never saw sharks myself I bet they saw/sensed me;-)

who knows, maybe the next 3 weeks
    (i'm going on holiday tomorrow to the philipines for 3 weeks diving)
    I wish you a very nice diving trip. I have never dived there, and I think I won't ever dive there as I have given up diving 5 years ago. And that's caused mainly by unexperienced diving instructors / trips combined by my limited number of dives (meaning I must have experienced instructors on the trip to tell me what I can expect!!), than the other dangers.
    I have seen very nice things, ranging from all sorts of fish to seals and pinquins, and yes, I have been among White Tip sharks at a place called Devils Rock. But to be honost, male seals who see you as competition and attack you to protect their wifes and female dolfins protecting their childs were much more life threatening than the sharks who just seemed to ignore us :twisted:

As for MP (the above of course is completely off-topic), I wonder how far we can get without you, as I have seen major improvements while I was away for 3 weeks 8)

NoMoDo

Portal Member
    September 9, 2004
    Israel
    I see my patch has now been merged to CVS
    frodo:

Oh, wow, you fixed FilmStrip for me? Thanks a lot!

I look forward to contributing more to this project as time allows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom