Using two tv tuners with MP? (1 Viewer)

AvsFan

Portal Pro
November 30, 2006
I currently have a Hauppage PVR-150mce tuner card and am very happy with it. I would like to add another one but wanted to make sure that this will work with MP.

I know MP supports multiple tuner cards but only a certain type, but am not sure what type of card the pvr150 is. Will two Hauppage PVR-150mce cards work in MP?

Also, those of you that may be using two cards already, do they work well and pretty stable or is it a huge headache? - is there anything i should know before i do this or that may change my mind?

Thank you

AvsFan

Portal Pro
November 30, 2006
Perfect. Thanks a lot guys!

Flip,

Just curious, i've always wondered the difference between the 150 and 350. The 150 has always workded great for me (picture a little too dark though) and looks really good. Is there any noticible difference in picture quality? Thanks.

AvsFan

Portal Pro
November 30, 2006
Well I just got a second pvr150 card and want to install it but want to make sure of any preparations I need to make for running two tuner cards. Anything I need to do?

Also, since i'm using two of the exact same cards, if I record two shows at the same time won't they be using the same video and audio codecs at the same time? Or do i have to set them up using different codecs? How does that work exactly?

Thank you

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Anything I need to do?

Just map the channels scanned by your current card to the new card, and set the priorities of the 2 cards to be different. Then you should be in business .... :)

Also, since i'm using two of the exact same cards, if I record two shows at the same time won't they be using the same video and audio codecs at the same time?

No, they don't use any codecs when recording. The analog to digital conversion and the compression to MPEG2 is all done by the hardware on the card, and then the resulting digital data is simply copied to disc. You only need to use video and audio codecs when you want to watch the live or recorded TV, in which case you can only do one at a time.

HTH ... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom