[Util] MePoLoad - Blanks the screen while loading programs (1 Viewer)

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
A simple util that some posters requested, mainly for loading games.

MePoLoad.exe was created to make running programs in Media Portal a bit more 'clean'.
It creates a black screen to cover the screen while the program is launched, making for a better visusal experience.

Simply copy MePoLoad.exe to your programs executable directory and run it using the executable file to be run as a command line, followed by the amount of seconds to wait after the file is started to remove the black screen.

Example:
MePoLoad.exe game.exe 5

This would blank the screen, load game.exe, wait 5 seconds, then remove the black screen.

Encase the file in quotes if it contains a space.

Example
MePoLoad.exe "my program.exe" "2"

This will run my program.exe and wait 2 seconds to remove the black screen.

Using with MultiShorcutPlugin is simple!
Place the MePoLoad.exe file into the 'ExeFile' field, and then the program file and seconds options in the 'Arguments' field.

Example:
Exefile: C:\Program Directory\MePoLoad.exe
Arguments: "C:\Program Directory\program.exe" "5"

This will launch the program and wait 5 seconds before removing the black screen.

Enjoy!

-Dread

Attachments

• MePoLoad v1.0.zip
    30.6 KB

Lolento

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country
Dreadfury,

This solution doesn't work as well as expected. It does what it says. It turns the screen blank until the plugin is loaded.

However, it still took too much time to loads after clicking the plugin on MP so I still see MP Gui going back to the home screen before the screen actually blanks.

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country
it does not do this for me, also it turns black as soon as it is loaded, any delay before hand is either done by MP itself, or MultiShortcut.

However, like I said I don't have this issue at all, how are you using the util? MultiShortcut?

if so, what are your settings for the shortcut?

Lolento

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country
I set it up as you instructed.

Copied Mepoload.exe to program folder and pointed Multishortcut to Mepoload and then set the argument to the plugin and the screen blank duration.

Is there anything I can do with the skin so that it doesn't go back to home while the plugin is loading?

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country
Which skin are you using?
and I was referring to the other options in MultiShortcut.

Also I am a bit confused, you say it goes back to the homescreen... aren't you on your homescreen already when selecting the plugin from the menu?

Thanks!

Lolento

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country
I'm using Maya skin right now.

I don't have any other options enabled in MultiShortcut only to load the program (Huludesktop), that's it.

When I click on the plugin on the home screen the menu would disappear (this is where I like the screen to blank or a customizable splash screen) and then go back to home screen.

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country
does it do the same on b3w?
I don't use maya, so it MAY be a skin issue.

you might also try the hide mp option, but i'm not sure if the result will be better for you.

Rasputin

Portal Pro
January 13, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Oh Great Idea this Plugin.
It is possible to use the blanking screen with the ArcSoft Plugin?
And it is possible that the blanking screen is animated?
loading.gif

Like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom