Utility for creating Pictures Thumbnails recursively (1 Viewer)

HenriM

Portal Pro
October 17, 2004
Rijsbergen, The Netherlands
It would be nice if an utility is included which can create the 'My Pictures' thumbnails for a specific SHARE with all the subdirectories under it. Now I have to go through each directory I have with Pictures and explicitly hit the button. I prefer to do this automatically by the PC (in the night)...

cheffe97

Portal Pro
August 10, 2004
Berlin, Germany
we just talked bout that on IRC. There will be an autogenerate when u access a folder where no thumbs r already stored or a thumb is missing.
So pls hold on.
Explained it right, Mario and Frodo?

gabbe

Portal Pro
August 8, 2004
Sweden
Autogenerate is a better sollution than we have today but..
I want also (as HenriM) a method to autogenerate ALL shares over night.
The best place to do that is in the configuration/setup program. Make a button on the same page as picture shares "Autogenerate all thumbnails" (no need to do from the gui).
I have hundreds of directories with photos and I don't like to go throught all of them manually.
cheers/gabbe

HenriM

Portal Pro
October 17, 2004
Rijsbergen, The Netherlands
Gabbe: this is exactly what I meant. I think you are right that the setup is the correct place for this! Beside this, an autogenerate is of course also very nice when the Thumbnails are not there yet (newly added pictures). This way you don't have to generate again yourself (assuming that the generate is clever and doesn't generate thumbnails in case they are already present).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom