VB.net (2 Viewers)

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Create your controls using the skin file, then get a reference to it using the GetControl method and the controlID. Don't create controls on the fly.

Also GUIListItems need to be added to a List control, not a button control.

Sam

reverson1

Portal Pro
May 23, 2006
Williamsburg,VA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
For my sample I was using the home screen file and somehow it is magically able to create buttons on the menu.

Anyways, I will try using the list control instead and hopefully my luck will be a little better with that one.

Is there any documentation at all for these controls?

Thanks for your help,
Richard

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
reverson1 said:
For my sample I was using the home screen file and somehow it is magically able to create buttons on the menu.

Anyways, I will try using the list control instead and hopefully my luck will be a little better with that one.

Is there any documentation at all for these controls?

Thanks for your help,
Richard

It probably is possible to create controls on the fly, just that its probably not advisable as it means it can't be skinned (unless your adding a button control to a group layout defined in your skin file).

Unfortunately there's no doc for the controls - I suggest you look at the other plugins to get an idea how to use it.

Sam

reverson1

Portal Pro
May 23, 2006
Williamsburg,VA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Using the list control worked. :)

Another question for you....

When I resize the window or go to fullscreen, regardless of whether I've loaded my plugin or not, the list no longer gets populated. Where would be the best place to populate the list? I'm currently populating it in the OnWindowLoaded event.

Thanks again,
Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom