Version 2.4 (1 Viewer)

Den70

Portal Member
February 22, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Is version 2.4 of this plugin still available?

I can't use version 2.5 because the subtitle downloader causes a crash of the plugin. It's a known error ('SubtitleDownloader.Core.SubtitleDownloaderFactory' threw an exception) for which I haven't seen a solution yet. So I have to stick with a lower version.

Right know I have version 2.3 but that version doesn't look good with the latest X-factor skins an the latest fanart handler.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It's a known error ('SubtitleDownloader.Core.SubtitleDownloaderFactory' threw an exception) for which I haven't seen a solution yet. So I have to stick with a lower version.

A known error, doesn't mean somebody provided the developers with the proper log files for them to fix the issue. The proper place for that is the Google Code SVN, where the actual source code is maintained. By creating an issue there, it doesn't get lost in the ocean of forum posts.

Because if something works fine for them (as it does for majority for other users), but it fails for you, then instead of forcing yourself to use an older version and 'hope' it will get fixed, it might end up never being fixed, because they don't know how to find the problem.

Clearly you are able to reproduce it, so perhaps you can be of assistence and learn the few easy steps that are required to provide log files and other information that will allow the developers to find out what is going wrong (FAQ has pointers).

Since it works without a problem for a lot of users, there is also a high probability that the error is caused by your setup. Maybe an outdated videocard driver, or some incompatible plugin/skin, or anything else that differentiate your unique situation from the developers situation who can't get the same error and see nothing wrong on their side.

Reproduction of a problem is #1 step to fix something.

And instead of burdening the developers with trying to exactly re-create your situation (of which they have no idea to begin with), you can use the log files in debug-mode (and possibly other settings) to give the developers a closer look at your unique setup and use that information to either locate a bug in their code (so they can fix it), or point out what is wrong on your setup so you can fix it yourself.

[/pet-peeve]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom