VGA to RGB For Nvidia Cards (1 Viewer)

jpskiller

Portal Member
May 30, 2005
UK
Ive been looking around and have noticed the best image for tv is RGB, only problem is, is my tv dosent have direct RGB input. after checking net out ive found diagrams for creating VGA - RGB (Scart) cables, but only for ati cards has anyone found similar and tested a cable bought or home made to work with NVidia cards

80sman

Portal Pro
August 1, 2005
UK
Hi, the nvidia cards don't support interlacing which is required for using a direct output with powerstrip.

As far as I know there is a rather expensive workaround for the nvidia cards, not sure if it's worth it.

This looks like a good option if you were looking to set something up. Then again for around the same money you can get a radeon 9800.

Maus

Portal Member
August 9, 2005
UK
jpskiller said:
Ive been looking around and have noticed the best image for tv is RGB, only problem is, is my tv dosent have direct RGB input. after checking net out ive found diagrams for creating VGA - RGB (Scart) cables, but only for ati cards has anyone found similar and tested a cable bought or home made to work with NVidia cards

To get an RGB picture on your TV you need :-

(1) A video card that supports Interlaced output
(2) A Composite Sync signal
(3) Powerstrip

Cards like the Radeon allow you to switch on Interlacing and switch on Composite Sync. The composite sync option allows the standard Seperate Horizontal and Vertical syncs of the VGA connector to be combined. This is necessary for Scart RGB.

I have built a small sync combinig cable to achieve this, from diagrams on the web, however even with the sync solved you still need to be able to output an interlaced image - this doesn't seem possible on the nvidia cards.

Once the above issues are solved, Powerstrip will allow you to set the desktop reolution and enable your video card to output the correct timings so that a TV can receive the picture through scart. This takes some fiddling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom