Video card and TV Tuner (1 Viewer)

rberger3

June 19, 2007
Kansas City
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am going to build an HTPC and am a noob at all of this. I was wondering what are some decently cheap tv and video cards out there right now that are supported by mediaportal?

I am fairly confident that i will be able to build my own HTPC but it will take me some time.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=66418.0

this my Touchscreen jukebox and MAME arcade cabinet. They are alomsot finished just have to update the pics a little.

tangmonster

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007
cape town
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Hi , mediaportal says you need a dx 9 screen card.

nvidia fx5200 and up
ati anything above 9250 (9250 is not dx 9)

but i run it on a pc with a 9250 and it ran fine.
There will probably be a 100 other people telling you ,you need at least a 6600gt or something. try one of the less graphic intensive skins if things are a bit slow. But i am happy with my fx5200.

Question is, what are you doing with your htpc. Is it for mediaportal and movies and tv card or is it for gameing also.

if you are only useing mediaportal, don't waste money on anything above at the most a 9550 (9550 is a ati 9600 underclocked).

I use windows xp pro or mediacentre. I switched off the themes service , so my windows looks like the first windows 95 , i don't have a background image, these all waste memory and takes away pc power from your mediaportal GUI and operations.

On a tv card i can't help you much , the supported tv cards lists are good.

But don't waste your money on expensive graphics cards ,get more HDD SPACE :)

Your mame cabinet looks Cool!!

I built a cocktail one running mame and NES.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom