Video Clips in Pictures Slideshow? (1 Viewer)

SteveC-MM

Portal Member
November 21, 2006
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
When I use my digital camera, I tend to grab a minute of video on occasion in between photo shots. The whole bunch of JPG and MPG gets dumped into a directory for the event ("ski trip 2006", etc).

The MP slideshow right now appears to show JPGs only. It would be great if video files located in the same directory would play automatically too, and when they end the next picture just displays.

Can that be added?

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I make slide shows combining still pictures and video clips. The result is stored in mpeg format. I have these in the shared video folder under home videos. This works fine.

At what point becomes a series of images a video?:confused:

More a philosophical question to me, in practice my solution above is satisfying.

VdR

Heimkinofan

Portal Member
    March 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You have a awesome feature idea

I would also like to have the above mentioned feature! Maybe as a separate plugin?

Just copying the files (mpg, mov, and jpg) from my camera directly to a directory and scrolling through the vacation pictures/movies would be awesome! Even the camera can do it,... it's just not as handy as mediaportal would be (bigger screen, nice remote control).

I make slide shows combining still pictures and video clips. The result is stored in mpeg format.

In case nobody will ever make such a great plugin or not soon enough: What tool did you use to make your mpgs?
    I like to do that too, as I didn't find any other solution yet.

Heimkinofan

Portal Member
    March 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you very much already! I just downloaded and will try it with the RC1 installation that I have currently running.
    wish me luck! ;)

If it works, I'll post again, so you know! Thanks again.

=== UPDATE ===
    gemx, I tried your plugin, but i cant seem to make it work. It doesn't show up in the plugin menu.

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I use MemoriesOnTV from codejam. I looked very long to find the right piece of s/w. This one is awesome. :eek:

VdR

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom