Canada Canada
Started on:
last update:

Summary:
Save EPG info for converted files.

Area:
MyTV & TVServer

Description:
I am using both MyTV and TVServer (2 seperate units). The nice thing about dvr-ms is that it still contains the EPG info when I review my recorded shows. But MPG is a much prefered file format...as the TVServer does nicely.

It is disapointing (especially if you use the latest daily SVN's) to lose the EPG data for shows (not to mention having to go through my video to see my recorded tv shows....another area that need be addressed).

My suggestion (and I feel strong that many other people will agree), is to create a .txt file or .xml file with the EPG info when recording a tv show. This file would have the identical name of the finished recording, and reside in the same directory.
The connection would be, when playing the video, MP could do a quick check for the txt file with the same name and display this information on demand while watching the show (like EPG info)....or even when looking at the list of videos to choose from. {Perhaps when hover over the item an OSD of the EPG could display?}

I'm not a programmer, but from my point of view it does not seem that complicated to produce a txt file and reference it again later. I think after seeing the majority of requests on the forum that this is something many people would consider a key element of tv/video use.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Noelix

Portal Pro
February 18, 2006
Salt Lake City, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Genius. I love the idea. And then, let's say you have a directory with all these .txt files, referencing .mpg files, and you update to the latest SVN or newer version of MP - it should be able to perform a scan for these files and populate the 'recorded TV' menu without any input from the user!

Junoman

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
Ottawa
Home Country
Canada Canada
TVServer3 Internet Web Interface!

I am happy about the tvserver web interface (like most people from what I have read), but if you do use the nightly svn, then MP will not show any already recorded shows and will not show any EPG information for the recorded shows!

I hope that everyone sees the added value of what this thread wants to add!
Perhaps the title of this thread is too confusing for most????

Will someone offer to build this feature for MP and all the users who want to know what they have recorded?

Please let us know if YOU will take on the challenge!

Question: If the new tvserver3 shows EPG info for shows recorded as MPG, then where is it storing this information?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom